Guns International

Total Gun Ban. What would you do if ....?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    Well... this is only my second post since joining, so here goes...

Speaking from a younger generation (still merely 23), A lot of us have the same "You can take my gun when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands" attitude as the older people out there. I forgot where I read or heard the phrase "If guns were outlawed, then only criminals would have guns", but it makes a hell of a lot of sense. For starters, how many criminals buy their guns legally? How many even pay MSRP for their guns? Hell, on that same note, I'm sure they would go around the whole "gun tax" thing when it would come into play. And once guns are banned.. Ha! The same way they got them illegally when they weren't banned would be the same way they would get them after a ban was put in place. Now, my friends, where does that leave us? You guessed it. Law abiding, tax paying, patriotic citizens who are left defenseless because a few people in high seats some where on the Mason-Dixon Line (Washington D.C. for the non-geographic type), think that America or in that case, Americans, would be safer if there were no guns.. Ha! Well politicians, we're from Texas. In this great state of ours lay a small town named Gonzales, made famous by a group of volunteers back in 1835 who flew a flag with the immortal words "Come and Take It". You want my gun(s).. Ammo.. Magazines. Come and get 'em. Or better yet, Come and Take It....

Sorry if it seemed like a rant.. Just had to get it off my chest.

-JG
    Venture Surplus ad

willypete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    hello everyone this is my first day reading this forum and i just finished reading all the post in this section .. i would be lieing if i said i do not fear my goverment but i was raised to be a rebel with a militant state of mind . Sence i now have kids of my own i fear what might take place in the next few years but i dont see it going any other way ... One thing that bothers me more than loosing my gun rights is that most gun owners worry about there gun rights being taken and they allow all there other rights to be smashed after all the goverment does not need to take our gun rights if we let them take every other right away without a fight ... we have gun rights to make sure we have a free state ...... there is a need in this day to form small malitias across this country but with unpatriot act it willl land you in jail so i ask you what can we do now to bring LIBERTY back the people ............willypete

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    This is whats scary, the majority will not even realize it has happened until it already has, and those of us trying to stand up along the way will be labled as extremists, or even possibly terrorists, think about the militia groups in the late 80's....

Quoting a post from last year. Here we are fellow extremists. Prophetic?

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Williepete,you ask what can be done now.You and everyone else can do what I've been doing for a while now.You can write and email all your representitives and let them know how you feel.You all can vote in all the elections that come up.We can all do all we can on the legal side of things to try and straighten this mess up.We have elections coming along in 2010 and national in 2012.We can pray for our goverment every day.Only when we have exhausted every legal means will it be time to say this is enough,no more and be willing to back it up with action if that is what it takes.I honestly believe that there are a lot of soldiers and policemen that will stand with us if they recieve orders they know are wrong in their heart.If it ever comes a time when you think its time to bury your guns,then thats the time to use them not hide them,but we will all have to stand together.sj

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I suppose I have to remind y'all that guns being tools as they are; we own some very interestingly shaped hammers. Some hammer 30 cal nails other 45 cal nails but all are nail hammers not guns.
    So when the man shows up to confiscate your gun you can nail his ass to the door jamb and declare you ain't got no guns!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I often wonder why we do wars like we do. We send young people to fight them. The young folks have their whole lives ahead of them and are starting families. There is WAY too much at stake for them. (PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M MAKING LIGHT OF YOUR SERVICE! MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!)

Instead, I am an advocate of sending 55+ year old soldiers to war. Most have had all of the money, women, kids and possessions they ever dreamed of and few really give a shit any more. They might need canes or lighter packs but when extermination is required, that group is up to the task.

Applying this to our thread subject.........the gun grab will never happen while the baby boomers still live. None of the boomers give a crap, they are too poor to go on living and have an attitude that is well...... pretty gruff. They have seen more wars than people have a right to witness and know that death is just around the corner for all of us. In short, they have nothing to lose.

Nope, "they" will wait until the boomers are dead by natural causes and try the grab. I figure we are good for another 20 years.

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Why move? Stay and fight with the rest of us.

The truth? Because one too many times in my life I've been the one to be there for the fight, and left alone to hang by myself because all the big talkers didn't have the guts to back up what they say with words (not implying you're one of those). So now I'm picturing myself at some future point ready to make a stand to save America, and I'll be left with my ass hanging in the breeze. It's difficult to trust again after betrayal.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The truth? Because one too many times in my life I've been the one to be there for the fight, and left alone to hang by myself because all the big talkers didn't have the guts to back up what they say with words (not implying you're one of those). So now I'm picturing myself at some future point ready to make a stand to save America, and I'll be left with my ass hanging in the breeze. It's difficult to trust again after betrayal.

I can sure identify with what you're saying but I learned never to need or want help. Later, I preferred the butt holes to stay home. Don't need ya, don't want ya. You know what they say.....An Army of ONE!

Top Bottom