• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Total Shooting Sports is now open, and up and running in the midcities! I got a membership and have already been there multiple times shooting on their tactical bays. They have 22 lanes, a full time gunsmith, lots of retail space, and it is pretty clean even when shooting, the ventilation is great.

As someone who lives in the midcities, I am now happy to have a range that I can go to that is less than a 10 min drive from my house.

Not sure if anyone else has been yet or not, but I have found it to be a nice place to shoot.

Bigboy2014

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    prices look decent, I like that you can use FMJ. Not sure how they feel about 7.62x39 steel cased, probably a no-go

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    prices look decent, I like that you can use FMJ. Not sure how they feel about 7.62x39 steel cased, probably a no-go

They do allow steel cased ammo, as I have shot steel cased FMJ Monarch from Academy and HP Silver Bear 5.56/.223 rounds with no issues. However, Steel core, steel jacketed, tracer, incendiary rounds and black powder is strictly prohibited. Muzzle loaders and black powder firearms cannot be fired in the facility.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    It seems to me like Shoot Smart in Keller (I35W) offers a much better deal on memberships and prices. SS has lots of classes and private lanes. You should compare the two since they are so close to each other before a membership commitment.

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    It seems to me like Shoot Smart in Keller (I35W) offers a much better deal on memberships and prices. SS has lots of classes and private lanes. You should compare the two since they are so close to each other before a membership commitment.

I think the two are comparable on membership prices. Plus, the Shoot Smart is easily an additional 15 minute drive for me. Thank you for assuming I did not compare the memberships between the two. I very well did compare the two before committing to a membership. I have also shot at both Shoot Smarts in Keller and Grand Prairie, believe me, they are not THAT close to Total Shooting Sports. FOR ME, TSS was a much better fit.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've shoot a couple of times at TSS and think it's a pretty nice range. I'll be going back for sure. It is a little pricey though. No vet or senior discounts except for memberships, and I don't think I'd go often enough to justify (cost wise) a membership... at least right now, I may change my mind on that.

My only complaint is that although they allow rifle shooting on both bays and all of the lanes, they don't have any set up so you can bench shoot your rifle to sight-in. Also, they don't have target backers which means targets hung pretty high and already you can see a lot of "flyers" in the upper parts of the range.

Bigboy2014

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    I just got back from TSS. The best indoor gun range in DFW, hands down. Great nice, very friendly. I did talk to two different RO, one stated steel cased is fine, the other said no. I did see some steel cased 223/556 on the floor. Spent two hours shooting there, no one bothered me. Will be going back.

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I went again this past weekend. Shot both brass and steel cased. RO on duty just asked if I was saving my brass. It was pretty busy on Saturday given the weather.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I got no problem with the annual membership price but I guess if I did join, I am not expecting to pay range fees on a visit. That is like me joining the gym and then paying every time I go. I'll stick with TDSA.

Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    Yep very nice facility, but I have a membersip at Haltom Rifle & pistol club. Their pricing was a bit steep. I think from the crowd size they will do well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom