Military Camp

Total Shooting Sports (TSS) North Richland Hills is closing their doors as of today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That is very unfortunate. I really liked that range. I guess they must have gotten over their head with the build out, equipment and overhead on that large facility.

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Dang, that place was awesome for an indoor range. Now I'll have to find somewhere else to shoot when the outdoor range is flooded.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Went several times. Great facility with nice enough folks. More accommodating than Defender as they ( TSS ) allowed the use of reloads. Just not my favorite.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Shoot Smart announced today that they will honor TSS memberships. They will compare the TSS memberships and give the person the most equivalent Shoot Smart membership

Yeah they posted on their facebook page and the official announcement place. Shoot smart is alright especially since you can rent a private lane and a ton of guns.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    There was an article in this mornings FWST in which TTS said they were forced to close because they had bought a large inventory of guns in anticipation of HRC winning the election and causing a gun buying frenzy. I thought their gun sales were a secondary income stream with range and training their primary focus.... but I'm sure that was a contributing factor. I can't help but ponder though, why not have a fire sale on that excess inventory and at least bring some cash back into the business as well as traffic that could turn into repeat range customers?

Oh well, it's a great facility and I hope someone will take it over as it's a shame to just tear it apart and put a pottery shop in there.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    There was an article in this mornings FWST in which TTS said they were forced to close because they had bought a large inventory of guns in anticipation of HRC winning the election and causing a gun buying frenzy.

We are going out of business because Hillary didn't win?

BS, many poor business decisions before the election doomed them.......

Yes, there has been a slump, but not having all your resources maxed out from the beginning would have been a prudent move......Most businesses will not run a profit for 4-5 years......you must be prepared for that.......ours didn't either....

jmho....

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Sounds like the typical, I like guns (or 4x4s, boats, whatever) and so will open a business despite having few skills or experience at such.

I find it strange that with as few places there are to shoot in TX (compared to CA where there is tons of BLM land to get out and shoot for free) and the large percentage of gun-owners in the population that a range couldn't make a go of it.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It is tough trying to estimate what your business will actually be versus what you want it to be. I over estimated the amount of daily shooters we could expect when we were building our range. I have a feeling they did too......there are so many variables that can affect a business, it is damn near impossible to account for all of them. Guns themselves are not big profit makers....it's the range, accessories, ammunition, training classes, private instruction, repairs/parts...and keeping the overhead manageable......that keeps things going...

Blaming HRC for not winning the election is weak.......imho....

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom