• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Exactly. I even started a thread similar to this back in April.

I'm still very pleased with making the change to battery power and will more than likely looking at exploring other battery operated yard power tools as well.
    I like my battery powered yard tools but the government didn't coerce my purchase decisions. I and most Americans don't want politicians affecting our choices for transportation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like my battery powered yard tools but the government didn't coerce my purchase decisions. I and most Americans don't want politicians affecting our choices for transportation.
    My choice was not driven by any political agendas. Mine was more out of what was the most practical choice for my specific needs for a chainsaw.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Saw a Lightning on a Ford used lot today. Looked it up to see the price.
    Screenshot_20220815-205729_Chrome.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Saw a Lightning on a Ford used lot today. Looked it up to see the price.
    View attachment 339054
    It’s the dealers way of getting around Ford‘s ban on ADM. They get them in new, then either put them as loaner cars or demos. They are no longer “new” so the dealer is free to sell them as used at whatever markup the want. Personally, if I was in the market for any type of car, EV or ICE, I‘d steer clear of that dealer because of the tactics he’s using. Shame shame shame

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    It's also supply and demand. Ford is only building a limited number of the lightnings in 2022 and 2023. Demand for those vehicles is huge. I actually looked into ordering one and the waitlist was 18 months. That was back when they were 40k. The cheapest model now is 46 I believe.

The way I built out the second option it came to about 90k.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The last 2 fords we bought had a dealer mark up. An Expedition in 21 and my daughters Bronco about 6 months ago.

Not a big deal.

I walk into the little booth where the new car manager sits, introducing my self, shocks everyone inside that I enter their holy of holiest un invited so they are already off balance, and say Hi I'm Chris. This will be my 15th car I purchased at this dealer if you remove all the markups or I will never be back and make sure I tell the GM why you lost a customer like me.

Are we good?

No dealer mark up.

Especially with my daughters bronco it saved us money over ordering what she wanted cause essentially they were the same car except color..

Never pay dealer mark up.

I do let them have their wheel locks and emergency kits or warranties so they win something cause i fight the price down as far as i can till where I'm comfortable. I still payment shop kinda with the caveat being our scores are over 800 and I mostly know what the price will make the payment and have learned to drill into the numbers. I also trade in every 2 to 3 years so I am simply rolling those warranties into the next deal as a down payment. The benefits is if I ever keep one like the expedition I'll have a warranty till well over 100 grand on the odometer.

It's all a scam. They will always make money. A good deal is one you are comfortable with. Walk away if you're not, they will get over it.

Oh, never pay dealer mark up. You are already doing that as its baked into MSRP

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The last 2 fords we bought had a dealer mark up. An Expedition in 21 and my daughters Bronco about 6 months ago.

Not a big deal.

I walk into the little booth where the new car manager sits, introducing my self, shocks everyone inside that I enter their holy of holiest un invited so they are already off balance, and say Hi I'm Chris. This will be my 15th car I purchased at this dealer if you remove all the markups or I will never be back and make sure I tell the GM why you lost a customer like me.

Are we good?

No dealer mark up.

Especially with my daughters bronco it saved us money over ordering what she wanted cause essentially they were the same car except color..

Never pay dealer mark up.

I do let them have their wheel locks and emergency kits or warranties so they win something cause i fight the price down as far as i can till where I'm comfortable. I still payment shop kinda with the caveat being our scores are over 800 and I mostly know what the price will make the payment and have learned to drill into the numbers. I also trade in every 2 to 3 years so I am simply rolling those warranties into the next deal as a down payment. The benefits is if I ever keep one like the expedition I'll have a warranty till well over 100 grand on the odometer.

It's all a scam. They will always make money. A good deal is one you are comfortable with. Walk away if you're not, they will get over it.

Oh, never pay dealer mark up. You are already doing that as its baked into MSRP
    Sounds like Hank Hill thinking he's getting a deal at MSRP :laughing:

Yeah of course don't pay the mark up, but never pay the sticker price either.

Top Bottom