• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I recently bought an old 1988 toy hauler. It's in rough shape, to say the least. I've been working on the outside, polishing the old paint. It is beginning to look much better. I am buying spray cans of paint to redo the stripes that were on it. I tried doing a stripe on the front, which turned out great (much to my surprise). Does anyone know an easy way to add some color to the outside white paint areas to cover scratches and such...that may be easier than repainting all the white areas? We are painting the inside and putting down a new floor.

We have so much to do to it, any helpful time-saving tips? I still need to buy new lights for it, all the way around. There are some holes that need patching. I also need to pull off all the old calk/sealant they used at each corner. Any ideas on an easy way to do it? If needed, I can post some pics of what we have to do or what it looks like.

Any help is appreciated, it's going to be a monster project for us.
    Lynx Defense

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Wow, I didnt' realize there were toy haulers that long ago. I thought that was a pretty recent trend.

How about some pics? Once we see what you're working with, I'm sure we can come up with plenty of ways to spend your money.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Does anyone know an easy way to add some color to the outside white paint areas to cover scratches and such...that may be easier than repainting all the white areas?

Multi-colored flower decals placed over the scratches...turn it in to a hippie love machine! LOL

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Check at the RV places, they sell a rubberized caulk that is used to seal them things. I used some to recaulk a pop-up a few years back. I don't remeber what it's called but it came in a tube and was applied just like any other caulk.
    As for removing the existing stuff, a putty knife and a lot of time worked for me.

joat

Top Bottom