• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I was at teh Toys R US in Pasadena on Fairmont they had a sign on their door say you can't bring guns in the store. It was not a 30.06 sign. So I hope you will join me in calling the manager to express your discontent.
    Capitol Armory ad

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    No guns allowed, hmm, I bet they have the cap gun sets in there, and a few water guns, etc. So why can't you bring in a real gun??????

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I was at teh Toys R US in Pasadena on Fairmont they had a sign on their door say you can't bring guns in the store. It was not a 30.06 sign. So I hope you will join me in calling the manager to express your discontent.

And?

It would only apply to someone illegally carrying, but they're illegally carrying thus ignoring the law so a cute little sign at Toys-R-us probably won't stop them either.

It has no impact on CHL holders so it means nothing to the law abiding citizen.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    If it is not a 30.06 sign, then you can carry your gun in with you. There are many threads throughout this forum on the subject. The sign is not legally enforcable. I would probably not bring it up as it would probably lead to a legally binding sign being installed, in which case you would either have to stop shopping there or choose not to carry. If it doesn't meet 30.06 requirements then it doesn't apply to someone with a CHL. I would ignore it and walk on by. Concealed means concealed so regardless of someones true feelings inside, it shouldn't be a problem. If somehow it comes up, they can verbally give you notice or not.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I was by there today but was too scared to enter.

I think the place would be safer if they banned spandex. A fella could be killed by someone's seam blowing out.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This thread really ought to be locked down. The title is not a true statement.

From what's being reported, Toys-r-Us isn't doing anything to prohibit legal carry of concealed handguns in the store. The dummy signs are often used to appease some of their customers. Not to mention, they sometimes also keeps the folks that don't know any better, but should.

PhoenixTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Dallas
    I personally wouldn't shop there due to the "intent" of the sign. Perhaps that is what the OP was wanting to express his displeasure at.

I wouldn't bring it up to the management's attention unless it was just to state that you won't be spending any money there as long as they don't want CHL holders in their store. I definitely wouldn't point out their stupidity and give them the opportunity to correct it.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I personally wouldn't shop there due to the "intent" of the sign. Perhaps that is what the OP was wanting to express his displeasure at.

I wouldn't bring it up to the management's attention unless it was just to state that you won't be spending any money there as long as they don't want CHL holders in their store. I definitely wouldn't point out their stupidity and give them the opportunity to correct it.

Well, the point might actually be that they're CHL-friendly and are required by some inane policy to put up a "no guns" sign. The fact that they have a clearly non-compliant sign doesn't necessarily mean they're anti-CHL.

PhoenixTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Dallas
    Well, the point might actually be that they're CHL-friendly and are required by some inane policy to put up a "no guns" sign. The fact that they have a clearly non-compliant sign doesn't necessarily mean they're anti-CHL.

Who exactly is "they're" and "they". Toys R Us, Inc. is pro-gun but posturing as anti-gun? For what reason? To appease the liberal majority in Houston, Texas?!? Doubtful.

Or are you suggesting that the local management is pro-gun and they are trying to comply with a Toys R Us, Inc anti-gun company policy by posting signs but secretly ensuring that the signs are worthless by Texas law?

Either way, it's a real stretch and I think you're giving them too much credit. No one puts up a "no gun" sign unless they don't want law-abiding citizens carrying in there... 30.06 sign or not.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Who exactly is "they're" and "they". Toys R Us, Inc. is pro-gun but posturing as anti-gun? For what reason? To appease the liberal majority in Houston, Texas?!? Doubtful.

Or are you suggesting that the local management is pro-gun and they are trying to comply with a Toys R Us, Inc anti-gun company policy by posting signs but secretly ensuring that the signs are worthless by Texas law?

Either way, it's a real stretch and I think you're giving them too much credit. No one puts up a "no gun" sign unless they don't want law-abiding citizens carrying in there... 30.06 sign or not.

I'm suggesting one or the other. Not every chain has a no guns policy, yet individual store managers post up signs of their own volition. Others do have blanket no gun policies and specific signs are required. We've even seen some that have a no guns policy, but nothing specific on the signage, so managers are posting up whatever they can find. These are almost always non-compliant.

Most of the time, the position is just that - "no guns." It is not specifically directed at CHL holders simply because management (whether local or corporate) never actually considered or researched the licensed carry issue. Sometimes it is. It's impossible to tell without asking, and even then you're unlikely to get a correct answer.

I'm as adamant as the next guy when it comes to boycotting businesses that post 30.06, or even close. A "No Guns" sign doesn't even come close to meeting the compliance criteria, so I assume the owner isn't directing it at me and walk on in.

This is an age old discussion. There is one specific incident where a manager admitted that he purposely placed a non-compliant 30.06 because his legal department required it. Management was not, however, anti-CHL and thought they could effectively skirt the issue by posting an obviously non-compliant sign.

Boycotting every business with a no guns sign borders on fanaticism, in my opinion. You'll be reduced to very few business that you can enter, even though most are not compliant 30.06 postings.

PhoenixTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Dallas
    Boycotting every business with a no guns sign borders on fanaticism, in my opinion. You'll be reduced to very few business that you can enter, even though most are not compliant 30.06 postings.

Do you guys really have that many 30.06 signs in Houston?

I honestly can't tell you exactly how long it has been since I even saw one in Dallas. Granted I keep to far north Dallas (Lewisville, Plano, Frisco, Denton, etc...) since that's where I live and work, but it's been at least a couple of years since I saw one. It was a little diner in Plano and I didn't notice the sign until I got to the door. Had to go back to the car to remove my weapon. I probably wouldn't have bothered to even eat there but I was with my family and mother-in-law and didn't want to cause a problem since everyone was hungry. With the signed check for our tab, I left one of those business cards ... "no guns = no money", "how much do you know about your other customers, as a CHL holder I have no felonies, not delinquent on any child support, etc...".

Never went back to that place and don't plan on it. I don't even care if they've taken the sign down since then. If they took the time to put one up, then they've made a choice and it helped me make a very simple choice ... to go next door.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom