• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Got a letter from a local PD concerning property involved in an investigation that was being released. Turned out it was a gun I had bought new and traded off at a gun show. I couldn't honestly claim it, although others thought I should.. Kind of made me think about 4473's. And perhaps not buying anymore new guns.
    Lynx Defense

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You mean the gun registry that isn't a gun registry? Definitely something to get one thinking, isn't it.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Did you buy the new gun in the same city of the PD that called you?

I'm curious about the story of the person/table you dealt with at the gun show. What their part in the investigation is.

What kind of time frame are we looking at from new gun purchase to pd contacting you?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Did you buy the new gun in the same city of the PD that called you?

I'm curious about the story of the person/table you dealt with at the gun show. What their part in the investigation is.

What kind of time frame are we looking at from new gun purchase to pd contacting you?

I owned the gun for maybe 3 years. It was never 100% trustable so it was not carried much. Traded to a private party at a gun show (he had a table). Bought in the same county but not in the city. Honestly don't remember what I traded for or how much. I like to trade just for fun and to shoot different guns. The "investigation" was in the area of 2010. I know nothing about it and my first contact was the letter about claiming the property. To give some idea how long ago this was, the 5 day waiting period was in effect and that gun was the first time I ever used a department letterhead to bypass it.
    This matter has been adjudicated and the property released. But I wonder if it were an active case could information I may have had help with bringing justice to another person?
    Either way I don't think I will succumb to the urge to buy another new gun, at least till some new wizzbang is released.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You are already in the gun owners database. Any damage is already done and buying anything else isn't going to change that.

This, might as well give the Feds the middle finger if they are going to know anyway and buy as many as you can. It's like a race to get to the top of the list :D So far I just jumped ahead a bit. I've bought two full guns and a lower in the past two months from dealers almost doubling my collection :D And that doesn't count the used pistol I got earlier.

Top Bottom