• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well yes indeed I shoot Piney Mountain .22 tracers in both green & red. Both light fast and are both clear in daylight. The rock shooting full auto or from 40 mm Hornets nest rounds

Now for the the buzz kill they ain’t cheap, not always available and will start fires, so most ranges do not allow them.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I have them and they are fun to shoot as @baboon says very pricey, almost $25 for a box of 50. If you shot up in the air they kinda look like a small flare. They burn out before hitting the ground

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago the Marines visited a gun club I belonged to. We got to shoot their M-60, every 5th round was a tracer. We had to make the line safe and run out to stomp out the fires. Still was fun.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Not .22lr, but back when I had my first HK91 clone, a friend of mine gave me 100 rounds of South African milsurp tracer rounds. Went shooting on another friends property, and we were having fun until we set the grass atop his berm on fire. We got it out, stopped shooting the tracer ammo after that. They look cool but its something I'd only use where there's nothing to burn down.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Would tracers be a good idea right now?
    Several years ago when I was a RSO I had someone ask about shooting tracers and told him they were against the range rules. A few days later when no RSO was present, he apparently shot the tracers causing a fire down range.

Top Bottom