• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    congrats Zilla! it seems the wait is getting shorter and shorter so i know thats good news to all those who are still waiting!

That's great to hear. I'm already licensed and done with it but I finally convinced my Dad to go and get his (instead of wanting to carry inside of his vehicle which is now "legal.") I'll have to pass that along to him as he wants to start carrying asap.

Like I said awhile back, the DPS hired around 20-30+ additional temp. workers to help play catch up. This was months ago now, maybe 6 mos. or so. Not only that, at one time (might still be,) they were working seven days a week to get rid of the backlog. It seems like they've caught up now judging by the current turnaround. 60 days is really quite a quick turnaround if you think about it. There's a lot of work from start to finish and 60 days is nothing IMO. Is that the official DPS timeframe now or no? I know when I got mine it was listed as 90-120 days. Took around three months so it was right on time really. Not to mention the fact that I missed one signature line in my packet so they had to send it back to me, then I mailed it back, and they finished it up. The signature was me confirming that I was telling the truth on everything, had no felonies, etc...so it was an important signature at that.
    Guns International

Top Bottom