• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Anybody have any experience with Branson tractors?

I need a new small (20-25hp) tractor with a frontend loader and looked at one of these. Seems like a nice tractor, and are 2/3 of the price of a Mihindra or Kubota...but have never heard of them before.

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    I would say run away as fast as you can.
    My BL had one. It was in the shop more than he used it.
    There is a reason they are so cheeeep<------.

He had no luck with it.
    I would say go with a Kubota, they are the better of the cheaper tractors.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Have owned a Newholland Ford 1725 several years, like it very well, diesel, front end loader. Very good fuel economy, parts availavle locally (usually),,

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    As with anything you could get a good one or a lemon. The problem I see most with Branson is the dealer network. They are kinda a " here today gone tomorrow" bunch. If you buy one and the dealer closes where is the next closest one? And then there's the resale....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As mentioned, Kubota parts are expensive - WAYYY expensive. Remember that anything you buy made offshore is ALWAYS gonna have some pretty hefty transport costs involved....and that the job you're sending overseas may be your friends.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Kubota is the only manufacturer making their own tractors. None of the big names build their own machines under 60 horse. Not even good ole American John Deere. A JD under 60hp is a Yanmar painted green. All tractor parts are high because sales are low. Dealers around me have "new" 2008s on the lot. Gotta make that money somehow.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I looked at cost/ power/ and options when I bought mine. I went for a Mahindra and love it. I got 4x4 (front wheel assist for you enthusiasts), a front end loader, and 41 hp. I just wish I had gotten the full cab, but knowing me, I would have broken all of the windows out by now.

Buying a Branson is like buying from the center venders at the mall, you may never be able to find them again for service or repairs.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Kubota is the only manufacturer making their own tractors. None of the big names build their own machines under 60 horse. Not even good ole American John Deere. A JD under 60hp is a Yanmar painted green. All tractor parts are high because sales are low. Dealers around me have "new" 2008s on the lot. Gotta make that money somehow.
    Yup, the small Deere's, Caterpillar, New Holland ,and IH Case are cheap junk. Nobody makes their own stuff anymore. Kubota is a decent little tractor. The Kubota engine is use in all kinds of equipment because it's good.
    Parts for the Kubota, dealers are what makes them too damn high.
    I sell Kubota parts 30 to 40% less than the dealers around here do. I found a better way to deal with the crooks that screw you eveytime you walk through the parts department door! I just dont go through their door's anymore!

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Yup, the small Deere's, Caterpillar, New Holland ,and IH Case are cheap junk. Nobody makes their own stuff anymore. Kubota is a decent little tractor. The Kubota engine is use in all kinds of equipment because it's good.
    Parts for the Kubota, dealers are what makes them too damn high.
    I sell Kubota parts 30 to 40% less than the dealers around here do. I found a better way to deal with the crooks that screw you eveytime you walk through the parts department door! I just dont go through their door's anymore!

You are a dealer??? And sell parts cheap??? I need parts and like a discount!

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I have *heard* that Kubota is a bitch about parts for older models.
    If I was buying a smaller tractor, it'd likely be a Jinma254/284 or an Indian Jinma - the ones that are copies of IHCs mechanically.

Eli

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they are all cheap junk. Yanmar has a decent rep, Mahindra is the FoMoCo of India. The rest use Iseki or TYM. It all depends on what your gonna do with it. I can kill a tractor fast but I use them commercially. A small hobby farm will get 10x the life I will get out of a unit. My rule I live by when buying a new machine is the rule of 10. If I think a 50 horse will do I look for a 60. I've never thought " man I need a little smaller tractor" but I often find myself needing a bit more. When your spending 30k+, 10 more horse is just a few grand more. Sometimes you can get the next size up for less than a grand.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I have *heard* that Kubota is a bitch about parts for older models.
    If I was buying a smaller tractor, it'd likely be a Jinma254/284 or an Indian Jinma - the ones that are copies of IHCs mechanically.

Eli

Over the last 12 years I've had 2 Kubotas (m5700/m6800),1 newholland (td80d), JD (5525), and 1 Massey(583). I mow high lines commercially so I trade tractors off every 2 or so years. They all have broke at some point and ALL rape you over parts. The M5700 Kub and Massey have been near trouble free. As for a jinma,,, I hope you don't have one. They are known as a grey market tractor.

bglz42

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dickinson
    I looked at all of them, they are all good equipment. I went with a Deere 5045D with loader because of the dealer network. Love it.

Top Bottom