• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    He is correct in theory about power designation of the scope. He is also correct in theory that he should have never said anything.

He is not only correct in theory about the power designation, but practice as well. The correct designation of variable magnification range in a scope is written as "-" and spoken as "to."

Whole lot of jumping on this guy for trying to help people use the proper terminology designations. Kind of ironic to me considering that when I hear someone describe scope mag. range as "by" or "x" it makes me think they don't know as much about optics as they think they do.
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Personally, I think that it could've been written out better. I also think that it was a heckuva way to dig into a conversation - a little bit of humor in the original comment would've gone a long way, IMO. Last I looked, we're a fairly amiable bunch - but mebbe I'm wrong, and we need to toe the line more.....just let me know.;)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    He is not only correct in theory about the power designation, but practice as well. The correct designation of variable magnification range in a scope is written as "-" and spoken as "to."

Whole lot of jumping on this guy for trying to help people use the proper terminology designations. Kind of ironic to me considering that when I hear someone describe scope mag. range as "by" or "x" it makes me think they don't know as much about optics as they think they do.
    I don't think anyone jumped on this individual. I think we were trying to figure out what he was talking about. Or at least I was. But I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston

I stated that he was correct. I also stated that he should have kept his "self proclaimed" pet peeve to himself. But, according to your logic, what if my pet peeve was, say, the misspelling of words, or the use of poor grammar. Am I going to be one to jump on someone for not spelling a word correctly or ending a sentence with a preposition? I sure hope I am not that guy. And, again, according to your logic, maybe some people dont know as much about the English language as they act like they do? This is supposed to be a friendly place, where people can be cordial.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Personally, I think that it could've been written out better. I also think that it was a heckuva way to dig into a conversation - a little bit of humor in the original comment would've gone a long way, IMO. Last I looked, we're a fairly amiable bunch - but mebbe I'm wrong, and we need to toe the line more.....just let me know.;)

Well I guess context gets lost in text. When I started reading the thread and saw cody's comment I laughed a little, cause to me it sounds like something said jokingly to a buddy as a segue into explaining the proper way a scope is labeled. To me, the comments about him not needing to be here and not much of a gun person were less than amiable. If I mistook them and they were meant jokingly, my apologies.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I didn't jump anybody. I made a sarcastic comment, an inside joke. It was ignored for the most part, and picked up by folks who got it. That was the point.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I stated that he was correct. I also stated that he should have kept his "self proclaimed" pet peeve to himself. But, according to your logic, what if my pet peeve was, say, the misspelling of words, or the use of poor grammar. Am I going to be one to jump on someone for not spelling a word correctly or ending a sentence with a preposition? I sure hope I am not that guy. And, again, according to your logic, maybe some people dont know as much about the English language as they act like they do? This is supposed to be a friendly place, where people can be cordial.

Well if that is your pet peeve then I would suggest ending questions with a question mark to avoid annoying yourself. Ending a sentence with a preposition is perfectly acceptable in the English language as long as it is critical to the meaning of the sentence. I'm guessing it's not though and you just wanted to take a cordial shot at me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom