• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Out of state drivers suck. This morning alone, one guy blatantly blows a stop sign, at speed, and crosses all lanes of traffic coming off a side street. Then a bit later decides it prudent to ignore the school zone 25mph limit, with kids present. Goes ~45 ish by eyeball estimation instead. Still ends up behind me by choosing his lanes poorly. Oregon plate.
    They don't have to come from out of state. Houston cops are some of the worst. Their cars are all turned in with brand new turn signals because they have never used them. Once on the 45 loop one came up from Allen Parkway on the right, crossed over all 3 or 4 lanes and went down the very next, very close left hand exit without once touching his brakes or signalling for the multiple lane changes. No emergency lights or signals of any kind. Brake lights everywhere in fairly heavy traffic but no one dared to blow a horn.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Out of state drivers suck. This morning alone, one guy blatantly blows a stop sign, at speed, and crosses all lanes of traffic coming off a side street. Then a bit later decides it prudent to ignore the school zone 25mph limit, with kids present. Goes ~45 ish by eyeball estimation instead. Still ends up behind me by choosing his lanes poorly. Oregon plate.
    Probably from Portland or Corvallis.

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Well, being a transplant from California, the speed limit is actually a suggested minimum. Nobody goes the speed limit. If someone does, they usually go to the most right lane. Going 10+ limit is the norm. I remember people went slower because gas prices were high. But in Houston, San Antonio or Austin, half of the drivers don't like to go above the speed limit.

What pisses me off is someone going 60 in 65 zone in 4th of 4 lanes. Whether car, pickup, or semi, I see all types of vehicles do this. Then switches to 3rd lane in front of me. Even 2nd lane sometimes. Maybe most people are relaxed and not in a hurry. But at least move to the right to spare the majority to get where they're going. I enjoy the cheaper gas prices in TX. Everything is farther away so I'd like to go fast everywhere.
    I have to throw the bullshit flag. Obviously you have never driven in NASCAR South (Houston) were it is OK to come alongside anyone doing under the speed limit, get them loose In the turn, and send them into the wall. Seriously, I drive fast but not Houston fast!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    thumb_ive-been-doing-alot-of-thinking-lately-to-funny-not-43587778.png
    why only one post

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    A deputy once told me that the worst offenders of speeding through neighborhoods is almost always a local, someone who lives there. Probably true.

My two complaints on any highway/street is 1- not using turn signals to change lanes (obvious lack of blinker fluid!) and 2- not yielding to faster traffic. Not doing so causes others to pass on the right speeding up and changing lanes often, just more chances of having/causing an accident which screws us all.

But it does seem like every single roadway in Texas is under construction! Wish I had the orange barrel contract!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yesterday coming home from work was bad. Normally 45 south is not bad. For whatever reason so many Ralphs on the road. When I say Ralph think Simpsons.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    A deputy once told me that the worst offenders of speeding through neighborhoods is almost always a local, someone who lives there. Probably true.

My two complaints on any highway/street is 1- not using turn signals to change lanes (obvious lack of blinker fluid!) and 2- not yielding to faster traffic. Not doing so causes others to pass on the right speeding up and changing lanes often, just more chances of having/causing an accident which screws us all.

But it does seem like every single roadway in Texas is under construction! Wish I had the orange barrel contract!
    2a2716fac1041f70f3e807887e807a4e.jpg

Whopperstopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, being a transplant from California, the speed limit is actually a suggested minimum. Nobody goes the speed limit. If someone does, they usually go to the most right lane. Going 10+ limit is the norm. I remember people went slower because gas prices were high. But in Houston, San Antonio or Austin, half of the drivers don't like to go above the speed limit.

What pisses me off is someone going 60 in 65 zone in 4th of 4 lanes. Whether car, pickup, or semi, I see all types of vehicles do this. Then switches to 3rd lane in front of me. Even 2nd lane sometimes. Maybe most people are relaxed and not in a hurry. But at least move to the right to spare the majority to get where they're going. I enjoy the cheaper gas prices in TX. Everything is farther away so I'd like to go fast everywhere.

If you want more driving problems go back to California.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom