• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Why has the word 'annoyed' been replaced by the b.s. woke word 'microaggression'?

Is it from the evil halls of commie agag-me-adaimia?
    Seems to me some folks have reached a point where they are as easily offended as snowflakes, so I used snowflake terminology.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see this three ways.
    • I'd never attempt to be entertained while driving. That's such an obvious distraction that it never occurred to me until I saw it in your post. Actually, I'm not even sure I read you correctly.
    • I've tried to text while driving, iirc, two times. That was enough for me to know I can't safely multitask like that. I'm not without some skills yet it was utterly impossible for me. I don't believe anyone can do it safely.
    • Talking on the phone while driving isn't so bad. Before cellphones, I often drove with one hand. I've always talked to my passengers while driving. I don't see the problem with merging those behaviors as long as I'm still as attentive to the road as I was 40 years ago.
    Interesting angle. Good point.

Have you ever driven through town only to get to the other side and realize you had no part on getting there? The brain was on auto pilot and you were lost in thoughts or music.

I find this the case for me while talking on the phone while I drive. If I'm on the phone, much everything else was a blur to my destination.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If it IS marked (with a white regulation sign) and you are lollygagging in the lane it is punishable up to a $200 fine in Texas.
    It is NOT marked, then it is common courtesy that the left lane is reserved for passing or and faster-moving traffic.
    Sadly, not many people are courteous anymore but oh well.

Don’t even have to be lallygagging. My sister got a ticket for driving the speed limit in the left lane very early in the morning when there was no traffic around to be held up.

Road was posted that left was for passing only, regardless of speed or other traffic in the area. And the cop apparently had no interest in the fact that there was no other traffic to impede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Have you ever driven through town only to get to the other side and realize you had no part on getting there?
    I would say that's happened to me less than a dozen times in the last 20 years. Once was when I wasn't on the phone but was engaged in a very lively discussion with my passenger. I was 5 exits too far down the freeway before I even realized it.

All the other times have been when I was on the way home from work. That path was so familiar that, yeah, sometimes I found myself at the entrance to my subdivision without knowing how I got there.

Cellphones don't do the same for me. When I'm forced to talk on a cellphone during a drive, I view it as a minor irritation and end it as quickly as possible. To be fair, that's the same attitude I've had towards some passengers, too. :)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Where'd the OP go?

Just set the talk-mine and left?

My bet: He'll show up starting another fun trolling thread...I'll bet he's not from kommiefornia, but posting so makes for good trolling material...

Here OP, here boy!!

C'mon, that's a good boy, now start some mo trolling!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Where'd the OP go?

Just set the talk-mine and left?

My bet: He'll show up starting another fun trolling thread...I'll bet he's not from kommiefornia, but posting so makes for good trolling material...

Here OP, here boy!!

C'mon, that's a good boy, now start some mo trolling!
    Probably an anti gun person.
    Wanted us distracted so we wouldn't contact our representatives and get Constitutional Carry passed

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    • I'd never attempt to be entertained while driving. That's such an obvious distraction that it never occurred to me until I saw it in your post. Actually, I'm not even sure I read you correctly.
    I spend a fair amount of time on the roads, and I like to observe behavior. It's frightening the number of people I see fully engaged with their mobile devices while behind the wheel, almost completely oblivious to what's going on around them. People drive nearly completely reliant on peripheral vision, and the mind's ability to interrupt your consciousness based on movement. Not just a few either, make it a point to look at each driver you pass and make a mental count of the number you see with their eyes somewhere other than the road.

Don’t even have to be lallygagging. My sister got a ticket for driving the speed limit in the left lane very early in the morning when there was no traffic around to be held up.

Road was posted that left was for passing only, regardless of speed or other traffic in the area. And the cop apparently had no interest in the fact that there was no other traffic to impede.
    Honest question, why would she choose the left lane?

One of the behaviors I see that's quite common, but I can't wrap my head around why, is people who enter the freeway and make a very deliberate and hasty transition to the left lane. Why is that? My hunch is they feel like they don't have to pay as much attention to the road, and can forego having to worry about the traffic transitions from cars merging at the ramps. What's worse, is many who love to camp the left lane also lack the courtesy for drivers around them, and won't move over when a car approaches from behind.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'll confess, I usually drive about 5mph over the speed limit, but I don't bitch much if I'm following behind someone doing the speed limit. What gets me riled is those that go 10mph under in a 75mph zone, then still go 65mph when it changes to 55mph.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'll confess, I usually drive about 5mph over the speed limit, but I don't bitch much if I'm following behind someone doing the speed limit. What gets me riled is those that go 10mph under in a 75mph zone, then still go 65mph when it changes to 55mph.
    They are the same penis inhalers that only have less than a quarter mile to go until their exit but pass, almost cause an accident, only to now finally be one car ahead of you.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I skipped 10 pages. Dunno WTF that guy's smoking "half the drivers don't drive the speed limit" - implying they're going slow? I encounter the occasional slow poke, but it seems everywhere else I've been in this wonderful state, 10 over the limit is average, and if you're doing the speed limit you better be in something safe, because you might be getting run over. Only people consistently driving anywhere near the speed limit on most roads are old people and Prius drivers. Old folks get a pass, they earned it for surviving so long, there's no excuse to drive a Prius. Ever.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Driving complaints are a hobby.

Time to get a new one.

Since, I never, well almost never drive any longer, it's easy for me to say.

I think in the last 15 months or so, I've driven 5 times.

Hardly ever get off the hacienda...like it that way too...did so long before the chinesium flu too.

I've got a yard big enough for a state park and it keeps me busy it does.

Top Bottom