• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If a person ever gets to witness first hand the carnage and damage that occur from texting and driving, after hitting another vehicle head on, or a tree or powerline pole, it looks just like when a person is driving drunk. Witness it in person. It's not a pretty sight. Many times, the lucky ones died in the accident. Many times, the unlucky one lived.

But, like drunk drivers, people that text and drive, think they can beat the odds. Darwin is working hard to weed stupid people from the gene pool.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I drove 5 hours from Shreveport today and I like to take the back highways. Can't tell you how many people going 10 to 15 under in areas where there is no where to pass. The fucktardedness between Henderson and Palestine is amazing.

On the flip side, our Texas back roads are in better shape than the interstate in Louisiana. I20 is a ball joint killer. A good suspension shop could make a killing in that area.

People who live in these areas have no interest in the rat race. Best to slow down and enjoy it with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Triangle = Houston, San Ant, Austin.

No.

57e6147d6695a7cedc09c37a17351a52.jpg

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    When is some transplant going to complain about those people who drive on the shoulder so you can pass on the 2 lanes. LOL! California sure can screw up people's brain housing group. There ought to be a test to get to move to Texas.
    See that also in other rural states. Scares the hell out of me, no telling what they will hit on the shoulder that will cause them to veer back on the road. Also think of the guy that pulled across the road then abruptly turned right in front of vehicles behind. "Well everybody knows I live here".

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    See that also in other rural states. Scares the hell out of me, no telling what they will hit on the shoulder that will cause them to veer back on the road.
    Been a tradition in rural Texas since cars first came. Never had a problem with it. Seen DPS pull over on the shoulder to let folks by. The folks pulling over are able to see ahead, if there is an obstruction, they simply don't pull over right then.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    See that also in other rural states. Scares the hell out of me, no telling what they will hit on the shoulder that will cause them to veer back on the road. Also think of the guy that pulled across the road then abruptly turned right in front of vehicles behind. "Well everybody knows I live here".

So you don’t like that people move over to let you pass? I do it, and I wave to anyone nice enough to let me by.

Pretty easy to look ahead on the shoulder. Most don’t do it topping hills and such where it’s blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Triangle lane?? Do you mean the HOV lane?

Also, the SPEED LIMIT is just that... the "LIMIT". Anything beyond that limit is subject to a moving violation. No one is stopping you from going over it, but if you get pulled over for 61 in a 60 it is technically speeding and you can get a ticket especially if the cop is having a bad day.

Posted speeds are partly based on the roadway's design speed of curve lengths and sight distances. It is a CYA baseline for the state so that when you tear yourself up into pieces exceeding this limit; it's on you, not them. Texas highways are typically designed for 75 mph speeds, thus to be extra careful we sign it down to 60 or 70 mph on the high end. Take a curve at 90 mph in a 60 mph zone, you are asking for a date with the ditch fairy.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've been here a long ass time, and the #1 thing that messed up the driving here more than ANYTHING, is mobile phones. Which, realistically, is just a symptom of a much larger problem in that people seem to have this "need" to be constantly entertained or they lose their minds.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Triangle lane?? Do you mean the HOV lane?

Also, the SPEED LIMIT is just that... the "LIMIT". Anything beyond that limit is subject to a moving violation. No one is stopping you from going over it, but if you get pulled over for 61 in a 60 it is technically speeding and you can get a ticket especially if the cop is having a bad day.

Posted speeds are partly based on the roadway's design speed of curve lengths and sight distances. It is a CYA baseline for the state so that when you tear yourself up into pieces exceeding this limit; it's on you, not them. Texas highways are typically designed for 75 mph speeds, thus to be extra careful we sign it down to 60 or 70 mph on the high end. Take a curve at 90 mph in a 60 mph zone, you are asking for a date with the ditch fairy.

Naw. Posted speed limits are merely suggestions for the extremely elderly or inexperienced.

And as far as the speed limits being necessary to safely negotiate a curve, the posted speed limits are typically ridiculously conservative.

Top Bottom