• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have taken many a curve well above the curve warning sign limit, typically about 20 mph higher sometimes more.
    Depends on the vehicle... In the Wrangler I might go even slower than the recommended speed, but in just about everything else I double it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The speed limit applies to the vehicle.

It's the maximum speed the vehicle can attain, often limited by the ECU.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I'm just wondering if all these offensive commentors are actually the people who are going slower than the speed limit in the speed lane. I see it all the time.
    I don't mean to be offensive to anyone. It's what I observe. It's like me seeing people driving off the freeway onto the frontage roads when traffic backs up and somebody complains that you need to have an SUV or truck to be able to do that.
    1620831835763.png

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Either way, I love America. I'm never going back. Only to visit for important things. I love my relatively big house. A house that would cost 3x as much in the communist. They should have classes on how to text and drive.
    Full disclosure- I didn't read past the first page.

This is an URBAN problem... URBAN areas of TX are full of IMPORTED PEOPLE.

This is NOT a Texan problem, this is an immigration to Texas problem.

case in point- I live outside Canton, TX... we have a 2 lane highway (1 lane EACH way), NO shoulder... speed limit 70. For the most part, local traffic moves along just fine... then there is the Old Kaufman hwy... basically a 1.5 lane wide barely paved county hwy... speed limit I think is 45 or 50... very few issues with slow moving traffic...

but I get on I-20, and you get all those License plates from other states- and it is a mess... 75mph speed limit, but I can't do 70 in the left lane due to some $#@%)& wad in the left lane (frequently with license plates from another state, or a semi with a governor) blocking me from passing.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Problem with the majority of vehicles on the road today is the simple fact that they are “driver challenged” IOW the vehicles capabilities FAR exceed the skill/abilities of the human life form gripping the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    If I lived in a different time without cameras everywhere I would be pulling pit maneuvers several times a day. IDGAF what the signs say. Open multiple lane highway the speed limit is 80 and I am frequently passed traveling this speed. Some people act like they still drive model A's around. My 4 banger frontier will drive 85 without breaking a sweat. I travel well over 100 miles every day. I don't have time for dinosaurs in their towncars out for a Sunday drive on Tuesday morning rush hour. Get out of the way or prepare for a aggressive maneuver to blow by you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I drive a big truck I do 80 plus daily its y'all 4 wheelers in the way
    I drive 500 miles daily I'm trying to get somewhere.
    Sorry, but every trip I make there are 18 wheelers in the left lane (even where marked "No trucks left lane") doing 15 mph less than the speed limit.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sorry, but every trip I make there are 18 wheelers in the left lane (even where marked "No trucks left lane") doing 15 mph less than the speed limit.
    18 wheels are allowed to be there for passing purposes only if caught hanging in that lane 1k fine.. my truck dosen't have a gov on I am capable of over 100 mph a 02 Pete 18 spd bull hauler so I'm no where guilty of that

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    18 wheels are allowed to be there for passing purposes only if caught hanging in that lane 1k fine.. my truck dosen't have a gov on I am capable of over 100 mph a 02 Pete 18 spd bull hauler so I'm no where guilty of that
    You are the exception, from my experience.

Passing? Truck doing 56 passing a truck doing 55.

Top Bottom