• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlas Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Tim Davis - Master Certified Instructor and COO for Atlas Defense
    The leader and architect of the Atlas Defense training program, Tim Davis, has had an extensive career in Law Enforcement, Counter-Terrorism and Security.
    His LE career started in Austin, Tx with the Travis County Sheriffs Office as a Deputy Sheriff and then the Texas Department of Public Safety as a Highway Patrol Trooper. After exemplary service patrolling Texas highways, Tim accepted an appointment as a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service. For five years, he worked numerous assignments in both protection and investigations. He protected President Bush 41 and received a national commendation for saving Presidential Candidate Walter Mondale from an attempted knife attack.
    Next, Tim served with the United States Customs Service. As a Senior Special Agent, Tim worked numerous assignments including the Office of Internal Affairs. He was in charge of several narcotics task forces and was the Primary Firearms Instructor, Team Leader of the South Texas Special Response Team, leading hundreds of national and international investigations, involving all of the U.S. Customs Service jurisdictions.
    When terrorism struck our homeland on 9/11, Tim was called to lead the training program for Federal Air Marshal Service. He was responsible for coordinating all training at the FLETC FAM basic training, as well as being a certified firearms, defensive tactics, aircraft tactics and platform instructor. Tim was also a commissioned FAM who flew missions. This training program was unique in our history as FAMs had to train to fight terrorists in the most challenging conditions, in an airplane.
    To give you an idea, after tens of thousands of rounds fired, Sig Sauer commissioned a study of the firearms Tim used for training. He shot out 3 different handguns!
    Finally, Tim took his "talents" overseas and completed major deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he directed several programs, including the Law Enforcement Professionals and Afghan Border Police Training for Blackwater.
    Thank you for your service Tim Davis!
    www.AtlasDefense.com
    ARJ Defense ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    "Master Certified Instructor". Certified by whom?

Not trying to be difficult, just curious.

Has Tim done any training with TFTT or DAG? I heard TFTT was involved is some of the FAM training after 9/11.

Atlas Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    "Master Certified Instructor". Certified by whom?

Not trying to be difficult, just curious.

Has Tim done any training with TFTT or DAG? I heard TFTT was involved is some of the FAM training after 9/11.

The Master Certified Instructor is for the Troysgate VIKN training system that is part of our training program. Visit our website at www.atlasdefense.com to check it out.

Atlas Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Did you read his bio? TX DPS, Secret Service, Sr. Customs Agent, Federal Air Marshal and more. Not sure I understand your question.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Did you read his bio? TX DPS, Secret Service, Sr. Customs Agent, Federal Air Marshal and more. Not sure I understand your question.

He's trying to understand if "Master Certified Instructor" actually has any weight behind it or is just a title for effect.

In other words, certified by whom, on what, and accredited by what standards body?

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Not to cut a guy down, and he has a great resume, but jobs held doesn't actually translate into ability to shoot. My favorite people to shoot against in competition are police because their ego is generally 50 points higher than there scores. I can prove this with my first place trophy from a TTPOA sniper match that had 25 swat teams from around the state. I could have out shot several with my 9 Mil. There resumes looked great as well! That being said, I bet I could learn quite a few things from him.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    He's trying to understand if "Master Certified Instructor" actually has any weight behind it or is just a title for effect.

In other words, certified by whom, on what, and accredited by what standards body?

This, thanks Mike.

Yes. That is what he is saying. He was an instructor for Customs and the FAMs at FLETC. For me, that gives him credibility.

;)

Works for me.

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Not to cut a guy down, and he has a great resume, but jobs held doesn't actually translate into ability to shoot. My favorite people to shoot against in competition are police because their ego is generally 50 points higher than there scores. I can prove this with my first place trophy from a TTPOA sniper match that had 25 swat teams from around the state. I could have out shot several with my 9 Mil. There resumes looked great as well! That being said, I bet I could learn quite a few things from him.

Its a balancing act, and not JUST about shooting... most TTPOA competitors I've gone against are pretty well rounded.

Although I'd say a sniper competition is pretty much ALL about shooting!

Top Bottom