• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Nope....never even seen a kel-tec much less own one. I'd have to read about them before i could even comment....but i did hear the same thing about kel-tec's i heard about sigs..Ha I don't have any internet friends. All my friends can ride, shoot and handle a rope.
    Guns International

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Where in the world is Nodena, TX? I have looked on a couple of maps but only found reference to it being about 5 miles North of Mt. Pleasant, TX. I actually have a daughter that lives in Pittsburg. Still, I can't find it on the map.

By the way: Nice to meet you.

Never was any good with a rope, but I did spend a lot of time as a small child on the back of a horse moving cattle from the highlands near Cloudcroft, NM down to the ranch near Alamagordo. During the school year I spent a lot more time milking cows and feeding the horses than I did riding. Still, I think we could be friends.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey! I did not offer to shoot that ammo through my P11, I only offered to let Sig_Fiend buy the ammo and test it. LOL! Maybe that was going a bit over the top with +P.

Sure, I'll shoot 1000 +P+ through it just as long as you donate the kevlar Hatch gloves and a ballistic shield. lol ;) j/k In all seriousness though, I might have to take you up on that offer (not the +P+ though hehe) before too long. I'm changing jobs at the moment, but once I get all situated and can afford it, I'll let you know Tom. Maybe we could go up to Astro, I could bring my camcorder, and we could make a torture test film out of it. I think any gun that can withstand 1000 rounds in a day without time to rest, without too many failures (FTF/FTE's), and with no catastrophic failures, can be considered more than reliable enough.

Sigs are only meant for the manliest of men Troll-dena Ranger, and mine is in .45acp so the "girth" is undeniable. ;) lol

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    All I know is, if I need an 8th self-defense handgun because I already had to use the previous seven to defend my life, then it's time to seriously evaluate both the decisions I have made in life and situations I have put myself in.

Great point! But.... If you had to go to that battle equipped with the following choice of gear, what one package would you pick? 1. 8 Sigma's. 2. 8 Kel-Tech's. 3. 8 Bersa's. 4. 6 Glock's. 5. 6 Springfield XD's. 6. 6 S & W M & P's.
    I know, I know, this is silly, but if you were going to pick so many at once, shouldn't you feel the same about a single gun purchase?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Since I'm broke, if someone wants to pay for 1000rds of .45acp, I'll do the 1000 round "challenge" with my trusty old beater P220 (1994 production date) also. ;) lol

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    And Tom lands 3 more licks....Didn't think that attempted diplomancy was gonna' work Mr. Adminstrator Sir. I think he's got that dreaded 'Shiloh Street Gang' on the run now.....STI's and all. That's the way to clean out the hood. Someone told me that Sigs are for 'girly men' with short members..... You're the one that said lighten up and not take things so serious.
    Don't worry there new guy. We've had to put down the keyboard for a few days to work. And don't worry, I will not try to seduce you into being my friend as ol' Tom tried to. You see, we are working instructors. I get tired after a long weekend of giving instruction, helping people choose quality firearms, and helping new shooters get their CHL's at Houston's 2009 CONCEALED CARRY HEADQUARTERS!!! Not to mention a busy and wonderful Valentine's day and 1/2 with my wife. So forgive me for taking a few days off the forum, this was the last thing on my mind. Tom: Reread all of my posts that you have so liberally dissected to mere fragments of entire statements. Then, re-read your rebuttals. You are not only confused, but you contradict yourself numerous times. I would simply like you to find and count your contradictions. If I must, I will cut and paste and quote. But I am asking you to do it as I simply do not have as many hours in my day as you obviously do and I would personally like to spare you the embarassment. Next, I would like it if you tried to grow up just a few more years, act like you graduated in say.....1974. Lobbing soft putdowns like "Oh yeah, you're a liberal democrat" is really weak and make you look like a real turd. If anything, you have displayed liberal democrat media type behavior with your contorting of my entire statements to fit your agenda! You are obviously so upset, you can't come up with anything worth remembering. I don't get mad about it Tom, I laugh at it! At least come up with something a tad bit more creative to keep up entertainment value on this thread. As far as our "pissing contest", we have had many of these with numerous TGT members and none of them have "ended in hard feelings" or have "encouraged retaliation" nor have they involved actual urine, sword fighting, or exposed penises (sorry). Simply just shooters having fun and challenging each other with their guns (firearms). I guess you probably think all Little League games should in a tie so no one gets their feelings hurt too, don't you, Rosie? errrr, Tom? Question? Why don't cops carry Sigma's? Answer: Because they aren't security guards. If they aren't good enough for police, they aren't good enough for the average gun buyer looking for self-defense. And as far as the bigoted "my way or the hi-way" remark, I extended an invitation to you, not to learn my way, but to shoot with many fine instructors and LEO's. An open forum with shooter's of this quality is an olive branch, not an attempt to belittle gun owner's. The last time I had a problem with someone acting like this, I was 13 and the girl's name was Jennifer. She too tried to make me look like an a-hole and make me jealous and angry. That backfired when she went after the new guy, Chris. Not only did I not care, but Chris turned down her attempt at love. Didn't Nodena Ranger have to shun Tom twice in his attempt at friendship on this thread? doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo. Tom, just stop being that chick!

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Friends

Nodena is not on any map. Finding reference to it is all you'll ever see. It's an old ghost town where our private family gun range is located. Like I said earlier....I have no internet friends.

Well, I suppose the next time I am up that way I will have to hunt you down and buy you a beer of something.

Hey, do you know Blake Maddox? He does that roping stuff. He was almost my son-in-law... but my daughter had a change of heart. Sad, he would have been a great son-in-law.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Don't worry there new guy. We've had to put down the keyboard for a few days to work. And don't worry, I will not try to seduce you into being my friend as ol' Tom tried to. You see, we are working instructors. I get tired after a long weekend of giving instruction, helping people choose quality firearms, and helping new shooters get their CHL's at Houston's 2009 CONCEALED CARRY HEADQUARTERS!!! Not to mention a busy and wonderful Valentine's day and 1/2 with my wife. So forgive me for taking a few days off the forum, this was the last thing on my mind.

He can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never ever let us forget he is a man… cause he’s an Instructor man…. I think I remember that as a commercial back in the 70’s or something.

Tom: Reread all of my posts that you have so liberally dissected to mere fragments of entire statements. Then, re-read your rebuttals. You are not only confused, but you contradict yourself numerous times. I would simply like you to find and count your contradictions. If I must, I will cut and paste and quote. But I am asking you to do it as I simply do not have as many hours in my day as you obviously do and I would personally like to spare you the embarassment.

Interesting! Ok, take your best shot… might make for some interesting reading.

Next, I would like it if you tried to grow up just a few more years, act like you graduated in say.....1974. Lobbing soft putdowns like "Oh yeah, you're a liberal democrat" is really weak and make you look like a real turd. If anything, you have displayed liberal democrat media type behavior with your contorting of my entire statements to fit your agenda! You are obviously so upset, you can't come up with anything worth remembering. I don't get mad about it Tom, I laugh at it!

Yes, but are we laughing with you… or? I know I told you that I really like the way that you set up your range there at Shiloh, but I am beginning to think you might need to check the ventilation system. If that turns out not the problem, you might consider washing your hands more often after working with all that Lead (pb).

At least come up with something a tad bit more creative to keep up entertainment value on this thread. As far as our "pissing contest", we have had many of these with numerous TGT members and none of them have "ended in hard feelings" or have "encouraged retaliation" nor have they involved actual urine, sword fighting, or exposed penises (sorry). Simply just shooters having fun and challenging each other with their guns (firearms). I guess you probably think all Little League games should in a tie so no one gets their feelings hurt too, don't you, Rosie? errrr, Tom?

Ouch! That was good one. No, silly, I just don’t think it helps to tease and belittle the “B” team just because you got prettier looking uniforms. That is precisely my point. You trash anyone that is not on the “A” team with you. I can understand encouraging others to work to become a part of the “A” team, but they cannot all start on the “A” team. Not everyone can… or even wants to start out with an STI or Sig. I too encourage them to buy the more expensive guns and ammo… but I do not go off half cocked like you did when you heard the names: Kel Tec or Sigma. And I don’t talk trash about those companies either. I work with them and try to help them work with what they have… not what I want them to have. It's not all about you.

Question? Why don't cops carry Sigma's? Answer: Because they aren't security guards.

I don’t know of any Security Officers that carry a Sigma. Most of the Security Officers that I have trained were once LEO’s (now retired). Most of them carry revolvers (usually in the .357 category). But to answer your question about why cops don’t carry Sigma… my guess is that the agency usually buys them the firearm they need… and they don’t what to deal with the liability of going to court and having “Expert Witnesses” like you come testify that they had “less than the best” guns.

If they aren't good enough for police, they aren't good enough for the average gun buyer looking for self-defense.

Yes, they are. Not everyone needs a firearm they can shoot down a running felon at 100 yards. Some people just want to have something they can pop that jerk climbing in the window with.

And as far as the bigoted "my way or the hi-way" remark, I extended an invitation to you, not to learn my way, but to shoot with many fine instructors and LEO's. An open forum with shooter's of this quality is an olive branch, not an attempt to belittle gun owner's.

Thanks, but I already train with “many fine instructors and LEO’s”. My last commander is now the director of education for TCLEOSE. As for the Olive Branch, this posting shows that you probably are not really good with olive branches. My guess it would turn out to be a willow switch. I just don’t have time for that childishness.

The last time I had a problem with someone acting like this, I was 13 and the girl's name was Jennifer. She too tried to make me look like an a-hole and make me jealous and angry. That backfired when she went after the new guy, Chris. Not only did I not care, but Chris turned down her attempt at love.

She must have really broken your heart. Never really got over it did you? Is this the source of all your frustration? Have you tried counseling? Was that back in the late 90’s? I do have some friends that might be able to work with you on this problem. Let me offer you an “Olive Branch”. He is a licensed counselor here in Austin. Just say the word and I can set you up.

Didn't Nodena Ranger have to shun Tom twice in his attempt at friendship on this thread? doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo. Tom, just stop being that chick!

Hey, at least I am not obsessing over a 13 year old that broke my heart. As for Charles (Nodena Ranger), I really don’t see the harm in making friends. You should try it some time… might help you get over Jennifer; and stop being mad at Chris.

Hey, let me say it again about the ventilation system in your range. I did not see any problem when I was there, but I am concerned that it might be having an affect on our conversations. Think about getting it checked and start washing your hands more often… especially after you been holding all that ammo.

Just a thought, Friend.

jager

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Houston
    Does anyone know of a decent range around Rosenberg? We're willing to drive up to 100 miles or so, but want to be able to practice rapid-fire, pistol, shot gun (tactical), and rifle (M4). So many of the Houston ranges are loaded up with rules and fees that it's not worth it to go. I could use some help, trying to get back into shooting after a 10 year hiatus.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Man I leave for a week and I miss the best ever thread in history of TGT. Hahahaa.

I'm sorry TGT. I take back everything I ever said about this site that was bad. I have not laughed so hard in weeks.

++1 thread

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Does anyone know of a decent range around Rosenberg? We're willing to drive up to 100 miles or so, but want to be able to practice rapid-fire, pistol, shot gun (tactical), and rifle (M4). So many of the Houston ranges are loaded up with rules and fees that it's not worth it to go. I could use some help, trying to get back into shooting after a 10 year hiatus.

You should have started a new thread so as not to hijack this one, but here are a couple leads for you:

The Impact Zone

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-rapid-fire-friendly-ranges-houston-area.html

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Weird? Yep it is, but first let me make a confession right here on this TGT internet forum. We've had internet connections at our business and home since about 1995 and have been doing business on it ever since. I have in the past surfed around and discovered some pretty weird shit but 90% of my 'limited skill' computer use is buisness and or information related. I'll have to confess that this is the first time I've ever taken part in an open forum that my sons weren't involved in which was animal, auto or gun related. Well...I'll have to admit this is the weirdest shit I've run across. These gun and tactical experts with a complex were rather humorous at first and I thought I could add a little fuel and make it even more interesting but I really don't think it would stop....like a bunch of twelve year olds bickering. Yall need to keep in mine that we're on the same side in a tight situation. Slow your pace, chill and reflect on what a great society we've been blessed with. My neighbor buddy, that I've known and rode with for 50 years and is a 'real' weapons expert and shooter, and I was riding and talking Sunday afternoon how these weird (used to be called pencil neck geeks but have evolved into lilly-white, fat-assed little foreign sportcar driving snobby asshole geek robots that like to have big badass guns) folks have ruined a great source of information with horseshit such as this. I actually thought that this might be fun to interact with a bunch of fellow shooters and gun enthusiasts but I admit.. I was wrong. Although some of us do share similar interests and values such as being honorable, 100% Texan (1836) and American (1740), citizens, we are actually on opposite ends of a deverse social spectrum. From this point forward I will be interacting with live human beings again. I playfully refer to 'some of yall' as city slicker indoor range shooting pricks that are scared of the dark. I can only say this by observation on my one trip to an indoor city range (didn't feel confortable trapped in that hole with people that didn't know sheep shit from cotton seed about guns) and reading a few posts on this site. Get out of that hole you're in and get some sun and walk the fat off that ass. I would not fare well in you're neighborhood as you wouldn't mine. And remember...there's not as many people out there after you as you imagine there are. There's some other things I'd like to say but I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone. Like I said..I don't have any internet friends and don't want any. How's this for tachical? Sign me out Mr. Adminstrator Big Nuts with a big Sig.....I won't be ridin' this way again.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Weird? Yep it is, but first let me make a confession right here on this TGT internet forum. We've had internet connections at our business and home since about 1995 and have been doing business on it ever since. I have in the past surfed around and discovered some pretty weird shit but 90% of my 'limited skill' computer use is buisness and or information related. I'll have to confess that this is the first time I've ever taken part in an open forum that my sons weren't involved in which was animal, auto or gun related. Well...I'll have to admit this is the weirdest shit I've run across. These gun and tactical experts with a complex were rather humorous at first and I thought I could add a little fuel and make it even more interesting but I really don't think it would stop....like a bunch of twelve year olds bickering. Yall need to keep in mine that we're on the same side in a tight situation. Slow your pace, chill and reflect on what a great society we've been blessed with. My neighbor buddy, that I've known and rode with for 50 years and is a 'real' weapons expert and shooter, and I was riding and talking Sunday afternoon how these weird (used to be called pencil neck geeks but have evolved into lilly-white, fat-assed little foreign sportcar driving snobby asshole geek robots that like to have big badass guns) folks have ruined a great source of information with horseshit such as this. I actually thought that this might be fun to interact with a bunch of fellow shooters and gun enthusiasts but I admit.. I was wrong. Although some of us do share similar interests and values such as being honorable, 100% Texan (1836) and American (1740), citizens, we are actually on opposite ends of a deverse social spectrum. From this point forward I will be interacting with live human beings again. I playfully refer to 'some of yall' as city slicker indoor range shooting pricks that are scared of the dark. I can only say this by observation on my one trip to an indoor city range (didn't feel confortable trapped in that hole with people that didn't know sheep shit from cotton seed about guns) and reading a few posts on this site. Get out of that hole you're in and get some sun and walk the fat off that ass. I would not fare well in you're neighborhood as you wouldn't mine. And remember...there's not as many people out there after you as you imagine there are. There's some other things I'd like to say but I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone. Like I said..I don't have any internet friends and don't want any. How's this for tachical? Sign me out Mr. Adminstrator Big Nuts with a big Sig.....I won't be ridin' this way again.
    man, do you have a sense of humor at all, or do country folks not laugh? dont get your panties in a wad cowboy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom