20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    To replicate a realistic scenario, I propose the following drill:

-Drill to be performed naked/in underwear
    -Shooter starts drill laying in a bed
    -A shot timer with buzzer that screams "GIVE ME THE MONEY!" is to be used
    -Gun is placed on the night stand
    -On the "beep", shooter is to grab the gun and begin engaging targets strong hand only with one full mag per target
    -This is a joke ;)

I just ran that scenario a couple of times. Great training, learned a lot about my sleep to alert to action weak points and found some easy areas to address first then work into conquering the more difficult weaknesses over time and practice. After a few fumbles and small oopsies I did switch the at rest position of my pistol from my nightstand to in my hand loaded, cocked and locked at all times and once I implemented that change to my pre-scenario preparation I found that keeping my action finger in a resting position directly on the trigger felt very natural and cut my 'alert to action' times by more than half. Now it's more like 'action then alert' so I am very happy with that muscle memory improvement and I'm beginning to see the real benefits of this type of scenario training.
    I also recognized that while I always have a gun with me I don't always have a pistol so I ran the same scenario with a couple ARs an M1a and a blunderbuss so great training all around.

On a side note:
    I did kinda scare the shit outta my wife and she got all pissed off a few times and try as I might I couldn't make her understand that killers, ISIS, druggies or whatever could come flying through the door at any time and scare the shit out of us all and that all I was doing was a little training my buddy Sig_Fiend from the Internet suggested so that I could protect her better and that she should be training too but she got all pissy and now she's at her mom's.

She was saying something about divorce on the way out so it's possible that particular component of the scenario my soon evolve into something more manageable.

EDIT: Damn, I just saw the joke part LOL. Oh well, I'm pretty much a HSLD operator code-black Rambo ninja sleeper now so it's all good.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I just ran that scenario a couple of times. Great training, learned a lot about my sleep to alert to action weak points and found some easy areas to address first then work into conquering the more difficult weaknesses over time and practice. After a few fumbles and small oopsies I did switch the at rest position of my pistol from my nightstand to in my hand loaded, cocked and locked at all times and once I implemented that change to my pre-scenario preparation I found that keeping my action finger in a resting position directly on the trigger felt very natural and cut my 'alert to action' times by more than half. Now it's more like 'action then alert' so I am very happy with that muscle memory improvement and I'm beginning to see the real benefits of this type of scenario training.
    I also recognized that while I always have a gun with me I don't always have a pistol so I ran the same scenario with a couple ARs an M1a and a blunderbuss so great training all around.

On a side note:
    I did kinda scare the shit outta my wife and she got all pissed off a few times and try as I might I couldn't make her understand that killers, ISIS, druggies or whatever could come flying through the door at any time and scare the shit out of us all and that all I was doing was a little training my buddy Sig_Fiend from the Internet suggested so that I could protect her better and that she should be training too but she got all pissy and now she's at her mom's.

She was saying something about divorce on the way out so it's possible that particular component of the scenario my soon evolve into something more manageable.

EDIT: Damn, I just saw the joke part LOL. Oh well, I'm pretty much a HSLD operator code-black Rambo ninja sleeper now so it's all good.

;)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    To replicate a realistic scenario, I propose the following drill:

-Drill to be performed naked/in underwear
    -Shooter starts drill laying in a bed

I talked to someone recently who had two armed encounters of this sort. No time to get dressed, etc.

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    All of our "Application" classes like the Low Light Tactics, Home Defense, Active Shooter Response, and Urban Defense all specifically deal with what I wrote about. The chief instructor and I both have almost 40 years of real world street experience and stay up to date with what bad guys are doing. We both still work the streets and deal with societies problem children on a regular basis. Not only that, but we have a very thorough understanding of the law and how it is applied. I highly encourage everyone here to attend some our classes, we will change the way you go about preparing and practicing for a REAL LIFE EVENT! We have classes coming up in the DFW area the first part of September, then the Austin area for October-Dec 2014. Here is a little peek at what we do.

or visit our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR26NUL4lTMFbxZhdZL1lWw

Top Bottom