• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Opinions on what deters students from further training?

My opinions:
    Cost-some training classes are very high dollar to attend
    Unsure of skill level.
    Experience level required to attend.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Many people don't take it seriously enough.

Many people don't know what they don't know, which is probably the simplest explanation of a lot of this.

I've had so many people reschedule, no show, and show up late on me for trivial reasons. Stuff like they had some extra curricular thing come up that they wanted to attend, even after committing to the class. I've found a lot of people really seem to look at firearms training as just some fun extracurricular activity that doesn't really matter. They don't realize a lot of work, trouble, and expense goes into setting up a class, and they need to treat it seriously like a job and follow through with their commitment.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Me too. I've still had people do all those things even though I have their money, even though I clearly state on my website that no shows, showing up late is grounds for no refund. I'm still a nice guy and understand unforeseen emergencies but damn. I just don't understand unreliable people.

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Generally speaking I found 5 primary syndromes that people suffer from as to why they will not seek out other training.
    1. Uninformed, bitches I took the CHL class from the former cop/soldier/security guard, who told me how it is syndrome.
    2. Daddy taught me and he was the best marksman ever syndrome.
    3. I was (or currently am) a super ninja-recon-special-forces-swat-turbo chaser-badass syndrome.
    4. I am a master grandmaster funk and need no help from you, unless you have beat me in a world match syndrome.
    5. I don’t give a shit, I can hit the bulls-eye at 3 yards with my S&W 500 and that is good enough for me syndrome.
    On the other side of that coin, there are also a few who will only seek training from the former tier one hostage rescue/counterterrorism background trainers. Normally because they think they are just like them because they hold a certificate from said trainer. Although I would never disagree that anyone working in a tier one door kicking unit for an extended period of time, is qualified to teach a pistol or rifle class. I get a bit amused that some people will spend thousands for the same exact training they could get just about anywhere, simply because that trainer was once a tier one guy. I mean really, there is no gold BB and unless you are going after CT/HR/PSD type training or other training related to that specific job, why waste the money? That said if you are getting a good deal, and its affordable for you to do so, by all means go to any course you can get a seat in…

But really, I love all training and all the trainers that are out there teaching the skills that should be taught to every red blooded American. Well except those “point shooting” trainers, but yeah…Kisses!

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Ego, laziness, fear of the unknown....basically a weak mind. The reasons which you guys summed up well.

As far as having payment and they don't show up.... no surprise. I see stuff like that on the daily. Guys who spend money on a gym membership only to never go. Guys who buy a Gi and fight gear only to stop after one class. Another who has been saying they're gonna start a diet for a year now.

The good news is those people are frequently not those you want in your class. Non listeners, safety issues, everything is a joke, Taurus Judge shooters, etc.

I want aggressive feeders that are out for knowledge.

Shooting, training or anything in life starts in the mind.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom