• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcolorado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Leadville, CO
    Unfortunately I'm stuck here in Colorado for a little while longer, but have 3 women who are in desparate need of some firearms training. Ages range from 27 to 75. Only two are interested in concealed carry training, the grandmother just wants to know how to use one without hurting herself.
    Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't know of anything in that area offhand. I'm guessing there probably isn't much as it seems to be a mostly rural area. I'm not entirely sure what all is available in Dallas, however you might consider bringing all of them to Houston as there seems to be a ton of different schools and instructors down there. Here's just one of the many training schools in Houston that I know of offhand:

Link

Also, Shiloh Shooting Range in Houston has CHL classes as well as more of a self defense oriented handgun class (that one is on Wednesday's though as far as I know):

Link

While driving several more hours round trip, to go to say Houston, may not sound like much fun it is my experience that it is a small price to pay for being taught by an excellent and above average instructor.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I referred Elcolorado over here hoping that the 1 or 2 members I've seen post form that area might be able to help.

A better option than Dallas or Houston might be Bryan/College Station. I know there's been buzz about a few dealers there and several members.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Yeah, they are not all that far from Bryan/College Station and I know that Burdett and Sons Outdoor Adventure Shop has an upcoming Hunter Safety Course and also does CHL training but I'm not sure what else would be available in the area as I've never had to look into it. Champion Firearms also has a CHL program AND an indoor range but again I don't know if they offer basic firearms instruction. There is also Gunsmoke Shooting Range in the area who may have some info available. Here are the links in reverse order from the way I listed them in my post. Sorry I'm not a little more help.

www.gunsmokeshootingrange.com
    www.championfirearms.com
    www.burdettandson.com

Elcolorado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Leadville, CO
    Thank you for all the information. I have them going over to College Station on Tuesday to check out a few of these. I will worry a lot less about them once I know they are getting some good training. Thanks again.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hi,

I recommend that you check out KR Training
    They are very good about answering e-mail questions.

They are about an hour east of Austin and offer some great training opportunities at reasonable prices. Their classes are very graduated, ie...Basic pistol, for folks with little or no experience, and you can progress at your own pace. By that I mean you don't spend $500 or more for a defensive pistol class that you are not quite ready for.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Hi,

I recommend that you check out KR Training
    They are very good about answering e-mail questions.

They are about an hour east of Austin and offer some great training opportunities at reasonable prices. Their classes are very graduated, ie...Basic pistol, for folks with little or no experience, and you can progress at your own pace. By that I mean you don't spend $500 or more for a defensive pistol class that you are not quite ready for.

They show their address in Bryan. Maybe they have more than 1 location? With one in Bryan though, they may be another good option without a long haul drive.

EDIT: DOH. "an hour east of Austin". Sounds like Bryan/College Station to me....now.

Top Bottom