Training in/around Austin area?

Discussion in 'Austin Firearms Training Group' started by BrianJ786, Nov 24, 2009.

1. BrianJ786

BrianJ786 New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Can you guys recommend any places to take some intermediate/advanced firearms classes around Austin? I already know of KR Training. Unfortunately they're not having any intermediate/advanced pistol classes until a few months into 2010 I have a CHL but I've never taken any formal training, just taught myself. I'd like to work on grip, stance, marksmanship, trigger control, etc.

2. jay524288

jay524288 Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
  3. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    ShivWorks class: Bastrop

The ShivWorks Class is coming up in Bastrop, the first weekend in December. The Friday night class is in Smithville. The range is a little West of Smithville, for the Sat. & Sun. class. You can take the Friday night class as a stand alone class. It covers pre fight movement/strategies and a few strikes.

From your list, grip, stance, and trigger control will be covered as they relate to self defense shooting/movement and 0-8ft. problem. We'll also cover moving and shooting. Feel free to e-mail me @ glockfan AT comcast DOT net if you have any questions.

Here's the link to the post about the class.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...9626-shivworks-puc-ecqc1-2-bastrop-texas.html