• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianJ786

Nov 12, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Can you guys recommend any places to take some intermediate/advanced firearms classes around Austin? I already know of KR Training. Unfortunately they're not having any intermediate/advanced pistol classes until a few months into 2010 I have a CHL but I've never taken any formal training, just taught myself. I'd like to work on grip, stance, marksmanship, trigger control, etc.
    Venture Surplus ad

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Apr 27, 2008
    ShivWorks class: Bastrop

The ShivWorks Class is coming up in Bastrop, the first weekend in December. The Friday night class is in Smithville. The range is a little West of Smithville, for the Sat. & Sun. class. You can take the Friday night class as a stand alone class. It covers pre fight movement/strategies and a few strikes.

From your list, grip, stance, and trigger control will be covered as they relate to self defense shooting/movement and 0-8ft. problem. We'll also cover moving and shooting. Feel free to e-mail me @ glockfan AT comcast DOT net if you have any questions.

Here's the link to the post about the class.
    [url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/training-competition/9626-shivworks-puc-ecqc1-2-bastrop-texas.html[/URL]

Top Bottom