• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shilohshooters

Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Airsoft guns have come a long way in the last few years, and you can find near perfect replicas of just about any gun out there. Many of these are gas or CO2 powered and have blowback, providing a valuable, realistic, cost effective training tool. Not to mention, you have more freedom to move around with airsoft without the worry of putting a large hole somewhere it doesn't need to be! Because of the opportunity at more in depth and creative training, we have opened Houston Tactical Airsoft Center, at 5211 Kleinbrook Dr., a 6000 square foot, indoor shoot house with modular walls, so any floor plan can be recreated. Force on force classes taught nightly and larger scale airsoft battles on Saturdays. 281-444-1860, more details coming soon!
    Gun Zone Deals

vietboy1st

Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    airsoft is perfect to train in CQB but not in the wooded area. Because it can't cut a small tree down lol. But you have to do both airsoft and real steel training, For airsoft training i would use gas blow back rifle airsoft they operate simular to a real ar but less recoil also with the gas airsoft pistol. Airsoft gas m4 cost almost as same as a regular ar15. I would join you guys if i live in TX. But too bad i am from masshole state..

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to respond to this sometime this weekend. I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I'll give you all some thoughts and recommendations. I have owned a ton of different airsoft guns and can give you a good run down on good brands to go with, what to look for, etc.

Man, that's awesome to hear that Jeff! I've been wanting to do more FOF stuff, and I especially like the idea of a more "urban"/cqb type of location since that's what many of us may be faced with should we have to employ our skills (home defense, active shooter, etc).

gladi8r

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I forgot what company but they make a glock 22 replica and it looks awesome. Been looking into this for training for idpa and cqb stuff.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm going to respond to this sometime this weekend. I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I'll give you all some thoughts and recommendations. I have owned a ton of different airsoft guns and can give you a good run down on good brands to go with, what to look for, etc.

Man, that's awesome to hear that Jeff! I've been wanting to do more FOF stuff, and I especially like the idea of a more "urban"/cqb type of location since that's what many of us may be faced with should we have to employ our skills (home defense, active shooter, etc).

Thanks....

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I forgot what company but they make a glock 22 replica and it looks awesome. Been looking into this for training for idpa and cqb stuff.

if you go to the link provided & look at the other Pistols offered, they have a G22 replica as well.......

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've had good luck with Cobra Airsoft, www.cobraairsoft.com. They have a LOT of different models of pistols and rifles. I think the KWA and KSC
    are pretty good brands for green gas pistols. I've heard some good feedback from people who've bought from airsoft extreme, www.airsoftextreme.com.

shilohshooters

Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    My favorite online dealer is www.tx911gear.com. He's got good prices and his storefront is down the street from my house, so I can find it online then go finger it in person! He'll probably come out with his Airsoft trailer for the F@$? Cancer shootout at Shiloh. I just picked up some KJW Glock lookalikes that I'm very impressed with and a couple WE 1911's that are AWESOME.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Thanks.....Is that specific gun the link goes to as accurate as any other?

My experience is they work very well. Co2 is easier to get than green gas, and you get about 300 shots per Co2. I also use a KSC and a very nice KWA, but they are hard to come by. The Umarex fits a Glock 21 holster. Some of my guys are saying the Co2 Umarex hits harder than the green gas pistols.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am only looking for something to practice with in my backyard, something that has good accuracy to ~15-20yds.......

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    These are the brands I've owned and highly recommend if you want to buy great quality:

-KSC/KWA (same thing pretty much)
    -Tokyo Marui
    -Western Arms
    -KJW (Some models a little on the cheapo side, but many of them are pretty good and mostly metal)
    -WE (about like KJW, some are mostly metal but certain models not the highest quality but still great for the price)

There may be one or two other companies, but that's about all I can think of off hand. There are other good companies that make good quality airsoft gas handguns such as Tanaka, Maruzen, Marushin and a number of others, however many of those are going to be uncommon, hard to find components for. Ideally, for training purposes you want cheap but realistic, well built, and easy to get parts and mags for. For that, stick with these companies IMO:

-Tokyo Marui
    -KSC/KWA
    -KJW
    -WE

Western Arms are nice but expensive. The other brands listed above are going to very closely replicate the real thing. My KWA G19 is almost completely identical to the real thing, and it even fits all my various glock holsters perfectly, and the mags even fit my mag pouches perfectly. This is what we want for training so that we can use the same exact carry/duty gear.

Also, some pointers. Just fyi, with airsoft guns you will commonly hear about a thing called "green gas" or "Taiwanese gas" or something to that effect. Here's a trick that will save you a lot of money. All that stuff consists of is propane with a little silicone oil mixed in. Save yourself a bunch of money and buy a propane can adapter, then you can get canisters from Academy, Walmart, or pretty much anywhere:

by: TSD - Airsoft GI - Welcome to the ultimate airsoft retailer.

jr urbina

Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Airsoft guns have come a long way in the last few years, and you can find near perfect replicas of just about any gun out there. Many of these are gas or CO2 powered and have blowback, providing a valuable, realistic, cost effective training tool. Not to mention, you have more freedom to move around with airsoft without the worry of putting a large hole somewhere it doesn't need to be! Because of the opportunity at more in depth and creative training, we have opened Houston Tactical Airsoft Center, at 5211 Kleinbrook Dr., a 6000 square foot, indoor shoot house with modular walls, so any floor plan can be recreated. Force on force classes taught nightly and larger scale airsoft battles on Saturdays. 281-444-1860, more details coming soon!

I sure wish we had a venue like this in the San Marcos or Austin area.

Anybody in Hays or Travis counties want to get a training group together?

Top Bottom