• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It seems to be common among TGT'ers that we should give up our major cities to the Left. I get that they are out numbering us currently, but those who "say let them have it" can eat a bag of dicks. The people who fought and currently still holding ground for this great state are embarrassed by you. If you are ready to give up on the capital of Texas you are not a Texan. You are a traitor to this state. Fight for what you love or get in line with the cattle.
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have never been a fan of giving anything, or ground up to traitors. They may have a strong presence in some of the larger cities, and they may have a stronger voting base, but giving it to them, or letting them have it goes against my principles and ethics. They may take it, or even steal it away, but never give it to them.

Always continue to take them the fight.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There is something to be said for the premise of “Escape from New York” in regards to some of our more liberal shithole cities. Wall them in, implant subcutaneous micro explosives to ensure they stay inside the boundaries of their utopia,turn off power and water and give it six months.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    What if we dont want to live in the city? Does that mean we're giving up?
    I've never lived "in the city", always the suburbs. We lived in the Cypress area for almost 20 years. Crime in that area has been ramping up for years. In 2004 we built a new house in a decent area of Cypress. Fast forward to Katrina & they turned most of the neighbors that were being built in the area into Fema & HUD housing. So here i am paying $1300 for a mortgage & they're paying $300. Our house got broken into twice in 1yr. There were evenings coming home from work & there would be 5-10 teenage insurgents walking in the middle of the road. If you honked for them to move, they would give you the finger & throw up gang signs. We sold that house & got another on the other side of Cypress in a better neighborhood. Even though we moved, the area it self is rampant with crime.
    As of last year we sold that house & moved to acerage & live in a small conservative town now. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get out of the metro areas.

I think most the people saying the commies can have the cities are guys out in rural areas & dont care what happens.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I've never lived "in the city", always the suburbs. We lived in the Cypress area for almost 20 years. Crime in that area has been ramping up for years. In 2004 we built a new house in a decent area of Cypress. Fast forward to Katrina & they turned most of the neighbors that were being built in the area into Fema & HUD housing. So here i am paying $1300 for a mortgage & they're paying $300. Our house got broken into twice in 1yr. There were evenings coming home from work & there would be 5-10 teenage insurgents walking in the middle of the road. If you honked for them to move, they would give you the finger & throw up gang signs. We sold that house & got another on the other side of Cypress in a better neighborhood. Even though we moved, the area it self is rampant with crime.
    As of last year we sold that house & moved to acerage & live in a small conservative town now. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get out of the metro areas.

I think most the people saying the commies can have the cities are guys out in rural areas & dont care what happens.

Funny story. When I moved from home at the tender age of 16 years old, pretty soon I got to where I didn't want to live on the farm and be a farm hand, so I moved to town, got a small garage apartment, went to school and worked at my uncle's shop in the afternoon and a fast food join at nights and weekends. Pretty soon, that got kind of boring and decided to take a job in much larger city. Eye-opener! But at the time I had decided after leaving the farm, that I'd NEVER return to the farm again!

Many years of working in big cities, and several other states, I got tired of the moving around and the big city life. It was fun in many ways, but it got old after a while. Early 2000's I decided to scale down and get out of the corporate world and get back to my roots and just be a mechanic again. I had this land that I inherited from my father, but the second ex-wife wanted to live closer to town, so it just pretty much sat here for several years. After the current Mrs. Axxe and I married, we decided to build a house here.

Now after almost 18 years of living here, I can't see myself ever living in town again. I love the rural life. This is home. It always was home, just for many years, I didn't appreciate that it was home.

I don't even care for even small town politics either. But I won't ever give up, or let anyone have even one square inch of what belongs to me. Texas, belongs to Texans. Texans don't believe in giving in, or letting someone have something that doesn't belong to them. The Alamo is one leading example of the spirit of the Texas principles. Santa Ana did take the Alamo, but only after a long hard fight and to the last man at the Alamo. That is the Texas spirit and what Texas means to real Texans. We don't give up, and we don'r run from a fight.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I am no city boy. I plan to retire to acreage. Grew up on land. Everytime I move I move further out. Problem is I am young and have a ways to go before I am done. The money is in the city and I need that money to get away from it.

I don't blame others for thinking it may not be their problem, but in reality it is. Anything that happens here rolls down hill.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I am no city boy. I plan to retire to acreage. Grew up on land. Everytime I move I move further out. Problem is I am young and have a ways to go before I am done. The money is in the city and I need that money to get away from it.

I don't blame others for thinking it may not be their problem, but in reality it is. Anything that happens here rolls down hill.

Nothing wrong with going to the big city to work, In most cases, the larger the city, usually the greater the opportunities are for much better paying jobs, along with more types of jobs to choose from. Been that way for decades. Many people follow that same gameplan. Work in the big city, make a good living then retire to the rural life.

I did it for many years. I just didn't know that was my gameplan!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Texas, belongs to Texans. Texans don't believe in giving in, or letting someone have something that doesn't belong to them. The Alamo is one leading example of the spirit of the Texas principles. Santa Ana did take the Alamo, but only after a long hard fight and to the last man at the Alamo. That is the Texas spirit and what Texas means to real Texans. We don't give up, and we don'r run from a fight.
    This is exactly what I am getting at.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is exactly what I am getting at.

The challenge is that change occurs through voting. I can’t influence jack squat that happens in San Antonio because I can’t vote there. So what little influence I have is spent on the county judge and my precinct commissioner. Unfortunately Bexar County and City of San Antonio pols just rotate from city council to mayor to county commissioner to county judge in a sick, incestuous cycle.

So, as someone who lives in the county, how do influence what happens in a city I don’t live in and can’t vote in?

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    The challenge is that change occurs through voting. I can’t influence jack squat that happens in San Antonio because I can’t vote there. So what little influence I have is spent on the county judge and my precinct commissioner. Unfortunately Bexar County and City of San Antonio pols just rotate from city council to mayor to county commissioner to county judge in a sick, incestuous cycle.

So, as someone who lives in the county, how do influence what happens in a city I don’t live in and can’t vote in?

Same issue in Harris County.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Sounds like a case of multiculturalism

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Austin is an example of the local folks letting things go to shit without much resistance. How or why should anyone else make the effort....that slide into the hole they are in started in the 70s...nobody seemed to care!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's happening in OUR big cities is just another angle of attack on Texas. Not just sure how it'll plan out.

Easy to say it'll turn out like Cali.... but Cali was already groovy, love, peace and chicken grease. That was the mentality. Not many walls to hurdle. But Texas is deeply rooted. And most of us know the who, why , what and when of how we got here.

I've pretty much turned my back on nonsense I can't control. I'll vote however possible.

I put my faith in something greater than this perishable realm.

Top Bottom