• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You have to keep things in perspective. When Trump was president, the left wanted a civil war. If it came to that, then I would be a proponent of surrounding all the big cities and locking them in.

If you're talking general day to day stuff, then local issues like Austin are a lost cause unless you live there and can vote there. I lived there for a bit back in the 80's and it was too far left for my taste back then. I haven't been able to vote on the local stuff down there since.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    As we found last year, just voting will not cut it. You have to be active. Show up at the school board, city council, county commissioner meetings and speak up when you don't like what you hear. Make them live up to the laws governing meetings. Make sure the public and local media cover their power grabs.

Support candidates who share your values, with your time, your money, and your wholehearted advocacy. Show up with your friends at local counter-culture demonstrations and show opposition.

Need a plan? Start with this: https://www.theepochtimes.com/a-new...e&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-03-05

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Many Texans also remember Goliad as well. Do you?
    1617107858308.png

Hanging tree, you know where.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You can’t fix shit for brains! You will never get a group of people to agree on one thing. One can read enough divisions on most subjects right here.

The Free Shit Army is strong anywhere that caves into them! The reason our rural areas are more conservative is simply the people in them earned their own ways. If you want to kill a snake cutting off it’s head works best. One must remember that the heads of poisonous snakes are still poisonous once they are removed.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Cities have always been the refuge of liars, thieves, and scoundrels, as there they can find the anonymity necessary to hide their dirty works.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    View attachment 249993
    Hanging tree, you know where.
    I've seem that old tree and it's a beauty. Great grandpa left Georgia sometime after the Civil War and brought his kids to Texas, met a widow lady with kids, married her and had there own kids. Grandpa was one of theirs who came into the world around Goliad in 1880. When I was a kid, I thought I was kin to half of Texas.

Reactions: gll

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Beeville is right down the road from Goliad.

I lived there a long, long time ago.
    When we lived in Pensacola our next door neighbor was a marine major and flight instructor on the carrier offshore for training. He and another instructor would fly their jets to Beeville, eat Mexican food and fly back to keep their hours up. He loved war as that was when you made rank. Typified the "meeting new people and killing them" mantra.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    cy,

Sadly, Chase Field has been turned into a state prison.

I knew a lot of the pilots back in the early 60's when the towns economy relied on the huge population of Naval personnel.

Top Bottom