• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have some videos from when I was in iraq on an SD card that I recorded with a Kodak digital camera. i do not have the cables or anything for the camera. Is there a way to get those videos onto a CD? Will those machines at Wal Mart do it?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    You should be able to take your SD card to either Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS and transfer the contents to CD/DVD. I am not positive that they will do videos, so you may wish to call ahead.

If all else fails, maybe somebody will step up and do it for you on their computer. If nobody local wants to do it, pm me. You can send the card to me & I'll put it on cd for you (assuming nothing is too private on it) & mail it all back......it's the least we can do for someone that has served us.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I will try the local photo places (wal mart, walgreens...) I f I can't get it done I may take you up on your offer. there is nothing on there I would not want seen. I really appreciate it!
    My wife lived in Wylie for a while when she was a kid.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I concur with buying a card reader.

Walgreens, CVS, etc may keep your content for themselves.

Card readers can be had for less than $10 and are very useful.

Besides, it sounds like you need one, anyway.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Go to Walmart or an electronics store and buy a Card Reader they are pretty cheap. They range from around $10-60 depending on what brand and where you buy. I have an internal card reader in my computer that cost $24.

The systems in Walmart that your referring to are just for photos I believe.

ronc0011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    I’m just guessing but in all probability your camera uses a USB connection. I believe the connector type for the camera end is called a “mini b” the end that goes to the computer is a type “A”. These cables go for about $5.

usbCable.jpg

With the camera connected to the computer the camera should show up in “My Computer”. I don’t have a camera handy so I can’t check it, but it will be called “Mobil Device” or something. And the camera probably puts the pictures in a folder so when you open it the first thing you see probably won’t be pictures but rather a folder. Just drill down until you see a long list of jpg files or I guess in this case they would be mpg files. Just copy those onto your hard drive and you should be good to go.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey Clay, personally I would recommend getting a multi card reader. Walmart has a ton of them, and some you can even find in stock at Walmart stores. Here's a bunch to give you an idea:

Walmart.com: MediaGear Ultra AllCards Memory Card Reader/Writer - including SDHC: Digital Cameras
    Walmart.com: Iogear 12-in-1 USB Pocket Card Reader and Writer: Computers
    Walmart.com: Iogear 56-in-1 USB Pocket Card Reader and Writer: Computers
    Walmart.com: Cables Unlimited - All-In-One 3.5 Inch Internal Card Reader with USB 2.0, Beige: Computers
    Walmart.com: SIIG USB 2.0 Bay Media Card Reader: Digital Cameras

The nice thing about multi card readers like that is they have slots for pretty much all of the common types of memory cards out there like SD, Mini SD, Duo, etc. One of those should cover just about everything so you probably won't need to buy another adapter again even if you have a bunch of different stuff that uses a bunch of different cards. These should all be really straightforward to use too. They might possibly come with a driver cd, but if they don't all you would need to do is just plug in the USB cable and the drivers should install automatically. Then, normally each of the card slots will show up in "My Computer" as if they were another drive. If you still need help after this, just let me know.

Top Bottom