• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netxhomesteader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm going to be picking up my grandfather's old 1911 in California. I'll be flying on Continental. Anything I should know before flying back? I've read through the TSA and Continental write-up on firearms. It seems pretty simple as long as I use a hard-sided pistol case. Does anyone have any experiences they want to share? :1zhelp:

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I've flown Continental a few times with a gun in my luggage. No trouble so far. On its web site, Continental has instructions for packing firearms. Follow the instructions and you will be good. When checking in, all you have to say is say, "I'd like to declare a firearm." The airline agent will get the paperwork and tell you what to do. Sometimes a TSA agent inspects the gun, and sometimes not.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Make sure you have a lock for your luggage and a seperate lock on the hard case. No ammuntion in the hard case with the gun. You may travel with ammo in the same piece of luggage, but no loose rounds, they must be in a box or conatiner of their own inside the luggage. Other than that, no problem. As above, just declare to the ticket agent and they will direct you from there.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    One thought...

When you pick you luggage up you might have a TSA there when you get it.
    Just explain you want them their to make sure no one tampered with the checked firearm, they will have no issue and will be happy to do it off to the side of course.

I had a TSA "inspection" where they cut the lock on the case and kept the ammo.
    I did not learn about it till I got to the hotel, had to go back and file the theft report.
    That was not continental airlines.

Top Bottom