• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    the trash is books. Children's books. Cartons of them. My donation center isn't returning calls so this is my other option.

Also, I need to explore the local dumping grounds. When I was moving my business from Dallas it was about two miles to the city of Dallas waste disposal center.

Not interested in opening up for folks to come by and pick through sealed cartons!

Thanks.
    Target Sports

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Half Price Books?

"Each year, every Half Price Books store holds a book drive to collect new or gently used children's books, building "Half Pint Libraries" at non-profit organizations and schools in the communities it serves."

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Nice out of the box thinking guys!

I will check this out. HPB is a business and isn't interested in 400 copies of the same title, even for free.

I know I contacted every library coordinator in every school district in Harris county and every county that touched Harris and none were interested.
    I think Goodwill is in this same arena. Public libraries are going all digital these days.

When I shut down my warehouse I filled two full size dumpsters with books that hadn't sold a single copy in years.

Admittedly my reading(offline)has dropped way off as well. I attribute this to shorter attention spans, at least in my case!

Thanks all.

Top Bottom