Travel Icon Says He'll Avoid Arizona Because of Gun Laws

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Libertarian_Longhorn, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541522,00.html

PHOENIX — Travel icon Arthur Frommer says he won't be spending his tourism dollars at the Grand Canyon, or anywhere else in Arizona, because the state's laws allow people he described as "thugs" and "extremists" to openly carry firearms.
    The author of budget-travel guides said on his blog Wednesday that he was "shocked beyond measure" by reports that protesters openly carried guns and rifles outside a Phoenix building where President Barack Obama spoke on Monday.
    Frommer says he won't personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons as a means of political protest.
    Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon says he spoke with Frommer Thursday and invited him to visit the city to clear up any possible misconceptions about safety.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    F him and his misguided idea.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Who cares.

4. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I'm in Sedona and Grand Canyon for week next month and am excited that I am able to carry there.

5. texas1willy2

texas1willy2 Active Member

Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Maybe he is trying to become an icon with more pub because if I saw his face I might know who he is other wise I've never heard of him.

6. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    +5 He must think that someone gives a s**T

7. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Gosh

How does he avoid those big old nasty guns in NY, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and all the other Megopolises where gangbangers and zombies reside and rule the streets after sundown ? :texas:

8. AR15Vern

AR15Vern New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Thank God.

Now I can go to Arizona. I haven't been going to Arizona because of my dislike of Arthur Frommer. Now that he's not going I can go.

Thanks Arthur.

9. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Don't go to Arizona! Proud law abiding Americans live there. They must protect themselves from mexian kidnappers and obama.

10. Greg_TX

Greg_TX Well-Known

Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    So I guess that limits his travels to Wisconsin and Illinois, since the other 48 states issue permits of some kind or don't require them at all. Granted, not many are open-carry states, and some are 'may issue' states that make permits hard to get, but there would be gun carrying citizens pretty much all over the country.

What kind of job description is "travel icon" anyway? :gotme: