Traveling overseas / Hospitalization and insurance ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We travel a lot but it hit me the other day that we never think about the bad things that can happen when we travel. I have never had any medical issues or problems when traveling so I guess I have just been plain lucky. I haven't yet called and asked my carrier what our policy says so I will find out about that tomorrow but I wanted to ask what people at TGT have either done or have had happen to them when traveling overseas.

Has anyone one here ever had any issues and if so how did you handle that being overseas and did your insurance cover it? Anyone ever buy insurance to cover medical and hospitalization and travel back to the US? If so what did you buy?
    Texas SOT

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    NRA has a travel insurance package that will cover treatment overseas, and also cover transport costs to get you home, if needed. I've never used it, but have reviewed the offer a couple of times.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    NRA has a travel insurance package that will cover treatment overseas, and also cover transport costs to get you home, if needed. I've never used it, but have reviewed the offer a couple of times.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Im a member and didnt even know I had that lol. I guess I should read the policy?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Most insurance plans exclude care out of the country. Even if they approve, most likely the foreign hospital will be out of network. Several vendors offer travel policies, which range from very good coverage to scams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Most insurance plans exclude care out of the country. Even if they approve, most likely the foreign hospital will be out of network. Several vendors offer travel policies, which range from very good coverage to scams.

Since you in the know; you need to create small list

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Can you recommend any carriers? I started looking into individual plans that are rated per trip. I looked into one trip to Rome that they wanted anywhere from $500 to $100 with varying differences in coverage. I would have no idea how to use them over there if needed and have no materials to start with.

We are leaving for Munich Germany soon and would like coverage for that trip.

Top Bottom