• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I admit I hadn't given it much thought since the law changed but I assumed trench knives would be legal now but apparently not.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...sh-fund-does-not-want-to-be-reformed-10546134

Just don't get caught carrying a trench knife in the Lone Star State, even if it does have a Confederate flag on it, or you'll be facing a serious charge.

It's a lesson local construction worker Christopher Sparks learned when he was arrested over the weekend for possession of prohibited weapon. A Royse City police officer told him that he was under arrest for having brass knuckles, a Class A misdemeanor, and took him to the Rockwall County Jail.

Now Sparks is facing a fine of up to $4,000 and up to a year in jail. He'll also have a permanent criminal record attached to his name, making it harder to find work and places to live, unless he pays an attorney to have his record expunged.
    Texas SOT

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It’s not the “knife” part that’s illegal; it’s the brass knuckles part. For those that didn’t know this, I might suggest you familiarize yourself with what are prohibited weapons per the Texas penal code.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom