• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    So we own a 4 ac place on Texoma. Our immediate neighbors are either retired or I would assume lower income (for the most part). Minor issue last year with one neighbor & trash but that seems to have been resolved. My issue is people coming onto my property without permission. We have a pond and it’s on the side that our neighbors houses are on (got nothing but trees on the other side of our property and that’s where my house is. In the 2 1/2 years we’ve lived here we’ve caught more than one person on our property around the pond. Today I found a guy with his dog on a leash on my property. I said hello and he replied the same. I then asked him if I could help him and he said no. I asked again to make sure he wasn’t in need of something and he said no. Then I asked him “you realize you’re on private property?” And he told me he didn’t realize that. Then I asked him “so what did you think this place was? A public park?” He replied no. I then asked him “you brought your dog to shit on my property? He denied that and was quickly gone.

I’ve got a few No Trespassing signed up that we’re already posted from the previous owner when we bought the place. I’ve since put a couple of more up. I hate the signs. They are ugly and seem petty but what else am I to do?
    Just glad their was no confrontation with this guy but what are my legal rights? I hate to call the Sheriff for this but if it continues I most certainly will. I hate to build a fence but that’s probably going to be my next move.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "They are ugly and seem petty but what else am I to do?"

Not at all petty. It's your property, not the public's.......

We too have acreage and a monstrously large driveway everyone seemed to think it for them, plus shitheads on 4-wheelers came onto our property constanly.

Problem solved when I had a fence installed completely around our property with a 36' driveway electronically operated gate installed (well 2 -18'ers)

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Wonder if that would work in the city. Put purple posts by the front sidewalk and corners of my property.

I hate the door to door folks whatever their reason. I am over 21 and if I want their survey, religion, political opinion, product, service or bullshit; I can find it without their spiel.

I may just tell you how I really feel if you ask nicely.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I am constantly amazed of the number of folks who walk on, drive on, park on, throw their trash on, let their dogs poop on private property. Some may be stupid, but others just plain don't respect you enough not to.....

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Wonder if that would work in the city. Put purple posts by the front sidewalk and corners of my property.

I hate the door to door folks whatever their reason. I am over 21 and if I want their survey, religion, political opinion, product, service or bullshit; I can find it without their spiel.

I may just tell you how I really feel if you ask nicely.

Paint your door purple.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Not relevant to the conversation, but ....

Recently an issue came up in our neighborhood where a homeowner caught a person walking dogs allowing them to drop a big ol' deuce on the front yard, and walking away. Homeowner posts up on the neighborhood Facebook group, and gets enthusiastically encouraged to "out" the owner. Homeowner posts the security camera image, and the dog owner nearly immediately fessed up that it was her hired dog walker! Dog owner immediately apologized, and walked down to take care of the mess.

Top Bottom