Trick or Treat....with Strollers?

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Acetone, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    50% of the groups that came to my house tonight looking for candy were young couples with a child in a stroller. The baby ain't eatin' the candy! WTF!

2. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Look at it this way. You must of had a lot of young women coming to your house. Bonus!

3. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    Yeah, with kids and...what's the PC term...baby's daddy (el padre de nena). :lolz:

4. iratollah

iratollah Active Member

May 25, 2008
    It's not easy to find a baby sitter on Halloween. We've had a few group of pre-school or very young kids who clearly came from other neighborhoods. Saw the cars pull up and unload. The kids were in costume, they said 'thank you', they were welcome at our door. And yes, some groups had kids in strollers with their group, so what? Now if it were just parents with a kid in a stroller, I'd have given them a children's book rather than candy.

Now we've also had two groups of 30-somethings. Had it been me answering the door, I'd have asked them what grade they were in, told them 'trick' and closed the door.

5. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    That's what I'm talking about. Just parents with a baby. I can understand groups with strollers. I ain't that bitter of an old man...for 24 at least.

6. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    What I really can't stand are the frickin' teenagers...I'm talking 16+ that come knocking. Hey...(TrailDust says to his neighbors) I ain't feeding your damn kids!....:mad0025: :rofl:

7. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    We had a ton of kids come by, as usual. We get a lot from surrounding neighborhoods, I guess they want to maximize their candy production by hitting the entire city. We had a couple of boys that were probably 16-18 and were not even dressed up.......what's up with that (I'll try to be optimistic and pretend it was 8 year olds with real good costumes)? We had a couple of 18-22 yo girls that were dressed like hookers....I gave em a little extra candy for perking up my night.

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Yep, run into that b.s. too last few years with 16+ and no costume. Now I just say no way and shut the door on them. Pretty pathetic, then again what do you expect from an age group today that still watches Saturday morning cartoons at 19-years-old? WTF?

9. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX

Whats wrong with Saturday morning cartoons?!?!

10. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I am blessed!
    I live on a street with three house and haven't had a trick r treater in years.
    I did go to Wally world this AM and get a few bags of discounted Halloween candy!