• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    50% of the groups that came to my house tonight looking for candy were young couples with a child in a stroller. The baby ain't eatin' the candy! WTF!
    Capitol Armory ad

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    It's not easy to find a baby sitter on Halloween. We've had a few group of pre-school or very young kids who clearly came from other neighborhoods. Saw the cars pull up and unload. The kids were in costume, they said 'thank you', they were welcome at our door. And yes, some groups had kids in strollers with their group, so what? Now if it were just parents with a kid in a stroller, I'd have given them a children's book rather than candy.

Now we've also had two groups of 30-somethings. Had it been me answering the door, I'd have asked them what grade they were in, told them 'trick' and closed the door.

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    Now if it were just parents with a kid in a stroller, I'd have given them a children's book rather than candy.

That's what I'm talking about. Just parents with a baby. I can understand groups with strollers. I ain't that bitter of an old man...for 24 at least.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    50% of the groups that came to my house tonight looking for candy were young couples with a child in a stroller. The baby ain't eatin' the candy! WTF!

What I really can't stand are the frickin' teenagers...I'm talking 16+ that come knocking. Hey...(TrailDust says to his neighbors) I ain't feeding your damn kids!....

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    We had a ton of kids come by, as usual. We get a lot from surrounding neighborhoods, I guess they want to maximize their candy production by hitting the entire city. We had a couple of boys that were probably 16-18 and were not even dressed up.......what's up with that (I'll try to be optimistic and pretend it was 8 year olds with real good costumes)? We had a couple of 18-22 yo girls that were dressed like hookers....I gave em a little extra candy for perking up my night.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    We had a ton of kids come by, as usual. We get a lot from surrounding neighborhoods, I guess they want to maximize their candy production by hitting the entire city. We had a couple of boys that were probably 16-18 and were not even dressed up.......what's up with that (I'll try to be optimistic and pretend it was 8 year olds with real good costumes)? We had a couple of 18-22 yo girls that were dressed like hookers....I gave em a little extra candy for perking up my night.

Yep, run into that b.s. too last few years with 16+ and no costume. Now I just say no way and shut the door on them. Pretty pathetic, then again what do you expect from an age group today that still watches Saturday morning cartoons at 19-years-old? WTF?

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Yep, run into that b.s. too last few years with 16+ and no costume. Now I just say no way and shut the door on them. Pretty pathetic, then again what do you expect from an age group today that still watches Saturday morning cartoons at 19-years-old? WTF?

Whats wrong with Saturday morning cartoons?!?!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I am blessed!
    I live on a street with three house and haven't had a trick r treater in years.
    I did go to Wally world this AM and get a few bags of discounted Halloween candy!

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I had one kid 7 years ago, since then I put a feed bucket on the porch with 10 pcs of candy in it and we go into town and let the kids hit the subdivisions. This year we came home and had 20 pcs in the bucket.

My neighbor said he put it in there just to mess with me.

Now I am one to dress up and walk with the kids.
    This year I went as I dress normally when riding on a cool day.

Jeans, chaps, boots, spurs, duster, hat, and a hawg leg on my gun belt.
    CCW is nice with a duster and a Ruger 30 carbine revolver...

Went as the European image of Texas, 5 gallon hat with a six gun...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Hey, you have a daughter who will be 18-22 one day. You can't talk like that or it'll come back 10 fold!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I spoke with my youngest daughter yesterday and they were among the stroller crowd - LOL!!!!
    She is 20 and her husband is 22 and my grandson is 18 months.
    My son-in-law is a Marine and they live off base but in a military neighborhood. So just about the whole area has young kids.
    She was going on about the teenagers that were way to old for T or T-ing causing all kinds of problems.
    All I can say is it is nothing like it was when I was a kid.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    HAd a kid (16-17) come by once , no costume, gave candy to the kids with costumes and he asked for candy, asked where his costume was, he said "i'm too poor to buy one". Not one of the kids in his group of 16-17 year olds had a store bought costume on. No candy for him.

Top Bottom