• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I went to two gun shops today to get a price on a trigger job on a S&W Model 36. I'd like to get it down to a five or six pound pull for my little old lady wife. Both shops said they no longer did trigger work. I wasn't smart enough to ask why. So, what's the problem with doing trigger jobs these days?
    Gun Zone Deals

91wm6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Have you considered doing it yourself? I'm not terribly mechanically proficient and I did one on my S&W Model 60. There are guides online that show where to work the action. You can use a fine stone, or fine grit sand paper... the key is to smooth/polish the steel surfaces that move against eachother without actually removing too much steel.I shaved off 2-3 lbs from the DA and 1-2 from the SA pull,but the trigger is MUCH smoother thus easier to pull...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    How hard is it to do a trigger job on and M&P, anyone know? I can't figure out how you would take all that apart in there! Once the slide is off, and the slide spring and barrel are removed...that's about is as far as what I know how to do! lol

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    How hard is it to do a trigger job on and M&P, anyone know? I can't figure out how you would take all that apart in there! Once the slide is off, and the slide spring and barrel are removed...that's about is as far as what I know how to do! lol

PM radioman

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview

Check out Apex Tactical videos on You Tube. It will walk you through the whole process using their kit; piece of cake.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    JB - do you ever make it to Houston? Briley on the west side does a great job. I'll check my contact in Austin about a revolver smith.

Thanks, I got a line on a shop that can do it. Just haven't contacted them yet. A couple of folks mentioned doing it myself, I might even do that.

Tonight I'm taking an online defense driving course. Got a damn speeding ticket a couple weeks ago when leaving the gun show. Yea, I'm guilty, doing 60 in a 50; and the deputy wouldn't cut me a break. The interesting thing was I had a .45 I took to the show to sell, and didn't sell it. The gun was laying under a blanket in the passenger seat.

I told the deputy I had a unloaded .45 in the seat. He said OK. Didn't seem concerned. I was superised. I can only assume an old geezer like me looked harmless.

Old Timer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Rio Grande Valley
    OK, you got my attention. Been shooting for over fifty years, but this went over my head. I assume you mean a good cleaning?
    No. (Although a clean gun is usually a well functioning gun.) Tooth paste is mildly abrasive. It will polish the surfaces that might otherwise bind or cause the action to move roughly. Toothpaste is a good inexpensive substitute for Jewelers Rouge which is what is usually used to polish such surfaces. :)

Top Bottom