• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I'm trying to pick between a few trigger groups. I don't have $200+ to drop on a group, looking in the $50-$75 range. I know I'm not going to get crazy better then stock, but I want a small upgrade.
    Option one is the Spikes, option 2 is the WMD group, and option 3 is the ALG defense.
    Id like to hear which you like and if you have used more then just one your reasons you like one over the other.
    thanks!
    DK Firearms

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    My first AR came with a no charge upgrade to a $200 Geissele SSA, I love that trigger. It made me a trigger snob. The second AR came with the ALG ACT. It's al-most as good as the SSA. When I built a AR pistol and tried the trigger from the Daniel Defense LPK, I could not order an ALG ACT fast enough. Hard to be that trigger for the price IMHO.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Not replacing anything, new build, I didn't get a LPK bc I knew I'd replace half of it. In the past I've use Mil-spec triggers and they've been ok, but I'm wanting to improve the stock groups.

Got a +1 for the ALG.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I'm currently considering an ALG-ACT w/ JP reduced power spring kit. From what I've researched and been told it's just as crisp and clean as a drop in Geissele or Timney. That's where my money will be going anyways, for what it's worth.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    JP Enterprises Competition Trigger AR-15 Small Pin .154 3 lb Single

Put that in, bob a standard hammer and get it dialed in. You will want to put some Loctite on the adjustment screws. It may take a little bit of fitting on the disconnect to get the trigger working right. It's a little more work than a drop-in, but I've got one in my AR and it's a great trigger.

FWIW, my sense of touch in my hands isn't all that great (I've pulled a couple of triggers where I couldn't feel the trigger face before it went off), and I much prefer single stage triggers to the point I don't understand why people like the two stage stuff, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. And I know, it's a little bit outside the range you asked about, but honestly I don't think more money makes for a better trigger than this one can deliver.

The up side is you get extremely short take-up and reset, and the break is very crisp and predictable.

Last edited:

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is going to be a hunting rig mainly so crisp and repeatable is what I'm after.
    I'm leaning towards to JP springs in the ALG group, but I'll look at the above mentioned option as well

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's pretty hard to find a quality aftermarket trigger in that price range.

Stop posting in these old threads. Use the "new posts" function up top and join in on what we are currently talking about. If you where asking a question that's different but all you seem to be doing is commenting on something we have all moved on from.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Stop posting in these old threads. Use the "new posts" function up top and join in on what we are currently talking about. If you where asking a question that's different but all you seem to be doing is commenting on something we have all moved on from.
    Can't win either way. Resurrect old threads, post "too many" new threads: Either way you will take your lumps by the pedants on TGT!

Good luck!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Can't win either way. Resurrect old threads, post "too many" new threads: Either way you will take your lumps by the pedants on TGT!

Good luck!

He has done it on more then a handful of threads my friend. Doing so once or twice is one thing, but doing on 10 or so old threads is at the least annoying and a bit suspect to be honest.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    He has done it on more then a handful of threads my friend. Doing so once or twice is one thing, but doing on 10 or so old threads is at the least annoying and a bit suspect to be honest.

Annoying is whisky's threads getting bumped. :banghead:

Top Bottom