• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    The trigger pin on My new lower that I built has walked out a few times. Not all the way but just enough to slip back inside the receiver. It actually turns the trigger into a super unsafe "binary" trigger where it fires with each movement! My friend recommended non rotating pins. Should I get them? (Spikes parts kit on an Aero receiver)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Did you install the legs for the hammer spring correctly? Make sure the legs are in the grooves in the pen. The groove is designed for the legs to fit into it which is what keeps the pen from walking. Additionally, I think the AR will still function if the hammer spring is installed upside down. The pen can walk for that reason as well.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I had this same problem once, and it turned out being the hammer spring. I didn't know it until I was pulling the pins to replace them with anti walk pins.

I still keep my anti walk pins in anyways though.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    if you are using a typical mil spec type trigger, then like has been said above, the hammer spring , when installed correctly, lays in the grooves of the pins and keeps them in place.

If your trigger is a drop in, self contained, then maybe you will need some anti-rotation pins like I put on mine

Top Bottom