Trigger Speed? Why and how we can increase it .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Landrover

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    New York
    Type II Muscle Fibers--"twitch muscle fibers"

Type IIb muscle fibers have the fastest-contractile speed, the largest cross-sectional area, the lowest oxidative capacity, and the highest glycolytic capacity. They are ideally suited for short fast bursts of power. These muscle fibers are used in such activities as sprinting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding. Type IIa muscle fibers are intermediate and their properties lie between type I and type IIb.

The Principle of Use/Disuse

The Principle of Use/Disuse implies that you "use it or lose it." This simply means that your muscles hypertrophy with use and atrophy with disuse. It is important to find a balance between stress and rest. There must be periods of low intensity between periods of high intensity to allow for recovery.

The Principle of Specificity

The Specificity Principle simply states that training must go from highly general training to highly specific training. The principle of Specificity also implies that to become better at a particular exercise or skill, you must perform that exercise or skill. To be a good cyclist, you must cycle. The point to take away is that a runner should train by running and a swimmer should train by swimming.

The training must be specific not only to your sport, but to your individual abilities (tolerance to training stress, recoverability, outside obligations, etc). You must increase the training loads over time (allowing some workouts to be less intense than others) and you must train often enough not only to keep a detraining effect from happening, but to also force an adaptation.
    __________________________________________________ __________

That's the technical side of the answer, now here is my program for developing my fast "Type11b" muscles.

Particular attention to trigger finger speed by shooting out of control [ fast ] for 100 rds or so [ past my limits ], then backing off just a fraction to regain the control.

Repeated many times, eventually the speed increased [ the twitch muscles moving faster ] with good hits. That's what worked for me. Shooting beyond any control, not looking for hits, but pure speed on the trigger [ like an exercise ], and then after the finger got used to that speed, backing off a fraction to regain control and there you have it.

Pretty simple, and I came to it by just mucking with speed and seeing results back some 25 years ago. I've been able to get 5 rds per second with combat accuracy without much effort with practicing the drill above. That's a round every .20 seconds on threat. I've done 5 rds a second with a glock 5.5# standard trigger as well as my 1911's with a 4# trigger with less distance to reset it. I usually average between 4-5 rds a second, with splits averaging .21-.22 seconds between shots.

Any members here ever really pushed their hits per second and see just how fast they can get with combat accuracy or looked at the science behind why we are capable of such scientifically?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why have you felt it necessary to create an innordinate number of thread covering basic information which has probably already been covered numerous times on this forum, as well as argued, debated, and settled.

You seem like a prett high speed dude with all the low drag operationally tactical technical proficiency needed to type out a solution to any situation you might imagine and have given all the credentials we might expect from such a proficient warrior such as yourself, and it's completely undersrandable that you wouldn't be able to say exactly how you've come to possess these skills as the missions are probably still considered super secret squirrel level Zeta.

That said, you might want to slow down a little bit as most of us are only ordinary humans and our feeble minds can't cope with such a wave of advanced knowledge in the ways of life and death battles we are all likely to face multiple times on a daily basis and until we have been somewhat hardened and our intestines fortified via trial by fire we have no choice but to rely on sheer luck with hopes that we achieve the mental clarity and accuity to ignore all other challenges in life and devotw ourselves to the church of the tactical turkey.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.JGUo_No2NFZJTd-SnPyuGQHaFC%26pid%3D15.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have other more important factors to work on before I get to worrying about fast twitch muscles and how fast I can repeatedly pull the trigger.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I love when people who don't walk the walk, talk the talk instead.......when all that talk is really just bullshit.

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I can tell you where I got this info I'm putting up. I met a Marine a long time ago that was in Vietnam and a Mercenary in the early 80's. He trained at Mitchell WerBell III's training camp call Sionics,formerly Cobray. Now, I was trained by the Army but I didn't get the good training untill I got his. WWII training passes anything that is taught today. As for am I putting up stuff from other sites, yes. Why? I'm tired of caliber wars, who has the best sling, who uses front sight press the best. Who spilt their coffee this morning. I care about training, and who knows what. When I put up things like this, I find out who is serious and who isn't. The people who make fun of it are the young ones. The ones who comment with criticism with knowledge of what I said show me they are in the know. I want to get a feel of who I'm dealing with here on this form. From the answers I'm getting, I know now. Call it fishing.
    Do you know what the white stuff is on the top of chicken shit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom