Trijicon Night Sights

kimberten2

Jun 6, 2009
Hey guys, I have a Kimber Bp ten 2, I bought some trijicon night sights recently, and called the only place I know of in town to install them, (san angelo, small town) and I was quoted $68.65 plus tax, shop fees, and equipment. Now is that around what I'm going to be paying everywhere? Or is that just a ridiculous price? Should I just sell the night sights, as they are still in the package, and send my slide into kimber, and have them install the meprolights, for $140 some odd dollars?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Depends on whats is involved.
I had a quote on installing some sights once but after the gunsmith saw what he was dealing with it cost me $10.00 and 10 minutes of time.
I'd take it in and get an on site quote!

dee

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2008
Red River Way
I have a Kimber with the meprolight sights and I have some waiting to be installed on my Colt.It'll cost me 35.00 plus what ever the sights cost but to me the meprolights are worth it.Just my

tex45acp

Mar 13, 2008
South Central Texas
Many times if you buy the sights from the shop that will install them you get both for a good price!!!! I did just that with the TruGlo TFO's I had installed on my XD45.

dee

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2008
Red River Way
I bought my Glock 17 from GT Dist. and it was an extra $50.00 for night sights installed and all. I don't think I have ever payed much more than $50.00 for night sights installed.
Brand of sights and gun model play a big role in the cost and how hard they are to install. My Meprolights cost me almost $70.00 from brownells and that was at cost regular was $99.99.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
Brand of sights and gun model play a big role in the cost and how hard they are to install. My Meprolights cost me almost $70.00 from brownells and that was at cost regular was $99.99.
Yep, it's all different depending on the gun and the shop. When I bought my G19 Glock and wanted night sights. The dealer installed them while I waited for the cost of the sights.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
TGT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
Houston, Texas
I have installed NS on all of my guns that didn't have them except for my FS92 that had to be sent to Tool Tech (Trijicon). Sight installation for the most part is not very difficult. You just need to be careful not to be hap-hazard and mar the finish. A sight tool helps a lot but careful drifting is not much harder.

$70 jut to install drift in sights on a Kimber is way too much, IMO. I would find some one else.

YMMV

dee

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2008
Red River Way
$70 jut to install drift in sights on a Kimber is way too much, IMO. I would find some one else.

YMMV
That was for the sights themselves to get them installed it cost $40.00. Was going to install the rears myself ( I have a non marring punch) the gun smith said I could but recomended I not cause he has seen people do that and bust the insert and the tritium gas will escape. I figure $40.00 wasn't to bad for him to stake and solder the front sight on and push the rear on then he'll adjust to my prferance ( which wasn't needed).

smschulz

Paid for CUT
TGT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
Houston, Texas
That was for the sights themselves to get them installed it cost $40.00. Was going to install the rears myself ( I have a non marring punch) the gun smith said I could but recommended I not cause he has seen people do that and bust the insert and the tritium gas will escape. I figure $40.00 wasn't to bad for him to stake and solder the front sight on and push the rear on then he'll adjust to my prferance ( which wasn't needed).
$40 is not nearly as bad. The tool to re stake the front runs $29 alone so $40 is palatable. Go for it and show us the pics later.

Top Bottom