• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktaylor966

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    Got this email just now. This was the best range I've ever been too.

This is Jeremy Moore, owner of Triple C Range.
    It is with a hurting heart, I must announce that Triple C Range is permanently closed. This is something that has happened over the last few days.

Reason.
    We were engaged in a long term lease with the landlord for a portion of the property. For those familiar with the property, this will hopefully make sense. The portion the range is located on, is solely owned by our landlord (or most of it…more on that in a minute). The front part of the property up to the last cattle guard you cross, which was located at Area A&B is part of a trust, which is why we never shot up there. The trust also controls the use of the road leading back to the range.

The area from approximately the 700 yard line and further at Area D is on the trust. It was ours and the landlord understanding we were good to have targets on that part of the property. Recently that has been clarified and we can not.
    The trust has decided not to accept our proposal to lease the areas mentioned above. Without permission for commercial use of the road, we can’t get to the range and operate a business. There’s no other access other than the road.

This is the only reason we are closing. Any other reason you hear is a lie. I am being as transparent as one can.

This is a matter of oversight by some people and I don’t feel it was malicious or misleading by anyone.

To our Members:
    If we debited your card monthly, we have stopped all those recurring charges.

If you paid for the year up front, we will figure out the time left on your membership and will mail a refund check for the difference. It’s going to take some time, but you can expect a check within 90 days.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last several years building the range to what it was. The relationships, friendships, community and family that was created is priceless to me.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you the last few years.

Our mailing address is:
    Triple C Range
    14333 cleburne highway
    Cresson, TX 76035
    USA

Our telephone:
    (817) 727-8411

I’ve been there several times In the past year for training classes facilitated by Fieldcraft Survival. I’ll have to train elsewhere now.
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A trust isnt owned. There are beneficiaries who get the proceeds from the trust and a trustee who manages the trust on behalf of the beneficiaries.

It is often a family situation where the trustee is a close person to the beneficiaries. But I've seen many where a bank was the trustee.

However, sometimes the trust is controlled by the person who is also the beneficiary ( a living trust).

I don't know anything about this situation, or any people involved, but it sounds like someone got mad over something.

And "anything else you hear is a lie" seems to confirm that.

The language seems to indicate a general screw up, but it doesn’t sound like someone is “mad”. Or maybe they new the trust rules and we’re trying to fly under the radar but got caught.

He says specifically he doesn’t believe there was “malicious intent”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Yes, It sucks! But that's what happens when you don't have a contract with all parties involved.
    You can't blame someone, whether it's an Individual or a Trust that doesn't want people to have free access to drive across their property in order to access another property.
    It could be monetary or legal issues that brought this into play.

Anyone that has ever been to Triple C knows that you drive through several large pasture's and pass over several cattle guards in order to get back to the actual shooting range. Plus, He stated that parts of the range targets were also on land that belongs to the Trust. Without a legal contract with the Trust to place targets on their land, that also brings up other issues.

I sure hope that Triple C can work things out with the Trust owned land. I will miss being able to shoot out there, it was the best range in North Texas to shoot at, even if it was rather pricey.

Top Bottom