• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Before I get on to the posting I am just going to put the disclaimer out there that duffelblog.com is a faux news source similar to the onion and nothing posted is real, I've definitely gotten more than a few laughs reading the stories and figured the other veterans on this site would as well.

From their site:

About Us

The Duffel Blog serves the men and women of the US Military with a daily dose of military humor, funny military pictures, and faux news. We take an interesting and funny look at military life. We focus on veterans, military stories, defense, politics (sometimes) and life on base — with a comedic twist. We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Just about everything on this website is satirical in nature.

Who We Are

We are disgruntled Marines, annoyed Army Guys, sickened Sailors… and no one from the Air Force yet because they are pretty fucking happy to be there.
    If you’ve ever wondered who is behind all of this, it’s a highly-trained staff of writers that adopt the Duffel Writing Style. This style needs three points for the writer to be effective: a fair amount of creativity, a military background, and heavy drinking.
    And now, onto the legal disclaimers…

Legal Crap

The content of this site is parody. No composition should be regarded as truthful, and no reference of an individual, company, or military unit seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

Now onto the article that made me decide to post this:

"Kabul, Afghanistan - Marines have been using the Rifle Combat Optic from Trijicon for years — giving them a much clearer view on the battlefield.
    But despite the improvements, they’ve still run into problems with Rules of Engagement violations and civilian casualties.​
    “That all ends today,” said Lieutenant Colonel Todd Brogan in a press conference in Kabul.​
    Brogan briefed the media on a Marine Corps research project — working alongside Trijicon and Afghan President Hamid Karzai — to improve the current weapon sight.​
    The result: a laser engraving alongside the reticle with currently accepted rules of engagement, escalation of force procedures, and pre-fire checklists.
    “We’re hoping that having the ROEs presented over the Marine’s field of view will allow us to ensure that every pull of the trigger is a righteous one,” said Lt. Col Brogan."

Full story at Troops Issued New Karzai-Approved Rifle Combat Sights, Engraved ROE

roe1.jpg

Enjoy fellas and Semper Fi.

Top Bottom