• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It does not mean there are development problems, just not something normal going on. The main thing is,make sure both are ok. After that, just love them, no matter what

Sent from my iPhone by a coffeeholic
    Capitol Armory ad

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Maybe it is a boy. My body acted differently when I was pregnant with the boys. With them I was ok. When I was pregnant with Serah I was sick as a dog. Heartburn sooooo bad. I've heard stories from other women as well about feeling different between the genders. Just a thought.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Just shows girls are evil,evil creatures... But i wish i still had mine.
    Teach what they need
    Protect them, even from you or themselves
    Love them, unconditionally

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not a doctor. This is a situation to be handled by pros. Consider nothing I say to be advice in any form. However, as to your specific question:

Has anyone gone through this?
    I can answer "Yes, but from a different perspective".

I have one sibling, a sister. According to family lore, my mother had nary a problem when pregnant with me...though the delivery nearly killed her. My sister was a mirror image experience. My mom was sick in the manner you describe for the entire pregnancy, so sick that she said if she hadn't been pregnant, suicide would have been an option to consider. (Consider, then discard, of course...but you get the idea.) In compensation, perhaps, the delivery of my sister was super-quick, short labor, little pain, as easy as any delivery could possibly be.

Short answer: Yes, someone in my family has gone through exactly what you're describing and the result was a healthy baby.

All my hopes and prayers go with you and yours that the final result in your family will be as wonderful as it was in mine.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'm not a doctor. This is a situation to be handled by pros. Consider nothing I say to be advice in any form. However, as to your specific question:

I have one sibling, a sister. According to family lore, my mother had nary a problem when pregnant with me...though the delivery nearly killed her. My sister was a mirror image experience. My mom was sick in the manner you describe for the entire pregnancy, so sick that she said if she hadn't been pregnant, suicide would have been an option to consider. (Consider, then discard, of course...but you get the idea.) In compensation, perhaps, the delivery of my sister was super-quick, short labor, little pain, as easy as any delivery could possibly be.

Short answer: Yes, someone in my family has gone through exactly what you're describing and the result was a healthy baby.

All my hopes and prayers go with you and yours that the final result in your family will be as wonderful as it was in mine.

Jonathan.. Ben post above proves my point about this thread.. your lovely (and she is) wife ha a lot of prayers going up for her.. you're a loving special couple and i can't help but believe the good Lord has his hands on you guys as he does on anyone reaching out to him in need..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did obstetrics for around ten years and 556 deliveries. Quit in 1977. Still occasionally interpret O B sonograms. Go back to original O B Doc & tell him what you told us here. If the pain is caused by a pregnancy that early, something is wrong. Give her regular O B Doc a chance, once he sees how concerned you are. . . . . leVieux (Old MD)

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    My wife was cramping and spotting on our 3rd boy in 2001. We went to the doctor and they put her on an IV to rehydrate her. That fixed everything. Get her doctor to give her an IV and give her lots of gatorade or pedialyte in small doses. I'd listen to the doctor over me(yours or Doc007), but hydration is huge.

We also had a miscarriage in 1995. She was only about 6 weeks pregnant, but we had just told our family that she was pregnant and it made us have to "go public" with the bad news. She was pregnant again a month later and we now have our middle son.

I am sorry to hear that. Same exact thing with us. We would have to tell everyone the bad news. Congratulations on your middle son. I am also a middle son.

Thanks for the kind words. You guys are in our prayers.

Thank you itch. God bless.

What a great thread from a bunch of "knuckle drag'n" alpha males.. i think we're all sorta looking around at each other and saying "wow", "where did he come from".. This could be a very emotionally draining thread, but it's positive and uplifting because of you guys..

I knew Jonathan would look outside his own problems, and of course did.. to both "itchin" and "willy".. sorry for what you had to go through with the wife's miscarriages ..

J. and all.. quick aside on my "words".. We all know when the good Lord is talking to us.. something just "feel's" wrong.. i've been dealing for years with the issues of pride and ego.. so before i pray or post a prayer i spend a LOT of time in prayer to get "greg" out of the picture.. I'll tell you guys a faith affirming truth on this.. on a number of occasions ..i've posted a prayer, and had no idea what it said.. i know this sounds pretty out there.. but the truth.. i've read before posting, and just shaking my head .."did i say that".. Don't get this wrong i don't have any more or less connection than anyone else.. just that there's some "guiding" going on..

Wow, I believe you Greg. The lord works through us and I think it is evident that he works through you when you post such beautiful words in prayer. It is humbling that you focus to keep you out of it. That is something we can all strive to do when praying for others. Selfless prayer really helps to keep the focus on the matter at hand and with yourself aside, I believe you are more open to being used by God. Thank you. Thank you for the wonderful words and prayers.

It does not mean there are development problems, just not something normal going on. The main thing is,make sure both are ok. After that, just love them, no matter what

I sure will love them. They all keep me in such high spirits. I am truly a blessed man and would love my new baby, however God presents him/her.

Maybe it is a boy. My body acted differently when I was pregnant with the boys. With them I was ok. When I was pregnant with Serah I was sick as a dog. Heartburn sooooo bad. I've heard stories from other women as well about feeling different between the genders. Just a thought.

I have heard that. The prospect of having a son excites me greatly. I hope I am a good enough man to raise a young man into a good man, himself. My wife is convinced it may be a boy. I can only pray it will be. Another girl will be just fine though. I have fallen in love with the two I have and another would just add to that soft feeling in my heart that I have for my girls. They treat their daddy like a king and in return, I try and treat them like angels. They ARE my angels.

Just shows girls are evil,evil creatures... But i wish i still had mine.
    Teach what they need
    Protect them, even from you or themselves
    Love them, unconditionally

I sure will. Thank you. I hope what you've said about still having your girls, isn't something terrible. You can elaborate if you feel comfortable but I pray all is well.

Short answer: Yes, someone in my family has gone through exactly what you're describing and the !!!result was a healthy baby!!!.

That gives me great optimism, thank you! Thank you for the well wishes.

I did obstetrics for around ten years and 556 deliveries. Quit in 1977. Still occasionally interpret O B sonograms. Go back to original O B Doc & tell him what you told us here. If the pain is caused by a pregnancy that early, something is wrong. Give her regular O B Doc a chance, once he sees how concerned you are. . . . . leVieux (Old MD)

OK. Thank you for your input. I think we will give him a shot. She was planning to make an appointment with another. Make one with ours and another? Maybe that will lower the chances of something being missed. Thanks lev.

Jonathan.. Ben post above proves my point about this thread.. your lovely (and she is) wife ha a lot of prayers going up for her.. you're a loving special couple and i can't help but believe the good Lord has his hands on you guys as he does on anyone reaching out to him in need..

Thank you again, padre. We do feel very blessed and I know the Lord is looking out for us. We feel him work in our lives every day.

God has worked through you all and it has given my wife a lot of hope and comfort. I am sure she will respond to this thread, when she feels better. You all don't even know the piece that I have found reading your posts. I am a lot more settled and optimistic.

Good news is that my wife felt pretty well yesterday. She was ALMOST herself. The only thing she felt was a little nausea. I'm hoping that means she still has the baby. Her breasts have hardened a bit. Is that indication that she is still pregnant?

Folks, thank you. This is why I love this forum. People willing to reach out when needed and offer many prayers, advice, and perspective. We all need perspective. We can all disagree and bicker on this forum, but when it's time to drop it, we drop it and help each other out. Thank you all. There are truly some wonderful people on this forum. I honestly have not seen this els ware, on other forums. Perhaps it is out there, but I know that it IS HERE and as far as forums go, this is my home, and you are like an extended family. God bless you all. May he be with you every second of every day. May he bless you in the biggest and smallest ways possible, and may you have the eyes to see his works.

I will keep you all posted, but right now, things are looking up. She DID end up passing the same tissue that I saw in a pic that was said to be a miscarriage, but she says she feels she is still pregnant, and the doc said she could be. I'm hopeful, faithful, and regardless of what happens, I thank God for my many blessings and thank you all for helping us through this.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I've got no experience with pregnancies other than my wife is also a tough girl but she had ovarian cysts that absolutely put her on her butt with pain cramps an nausea for several days and we had to go to the ER. No idea if its possible to develop those while pregnant or not.

No matter what the cause best of wishes to your wife and the whole family.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I've got no experience with pregnancies other than my wife is also a tough girl but she had ovarian cysts that absolutely put her on her butt with pain cramps an nausea for several days and we had to go to the ER. No idea if its possible to develop those while pregnant or not.

No matter what the cause best of wishes to your wife and the whole family.

Hey, that's a good point. I remember she talked about that once. I will make sure to talk to the Doc about it. Thanks a lot. God bless you and yours, mosin.

Top Bottom