Join TexasGunTalk

Troy Industries company hires/drops Chicago police commish? Hires Ruby Ridge sniper?

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by breakingcontact, Sep 16, 2013.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
  2. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Ah, the fun of history.

Troy just hired...and is defending...Lon Horiuchi's "sniper buddy" Dale Monroe. They were partnered up for Ruby Ridge, and while Lon killed Randy Weaver's wife (while she was holding a deadly assault baby, granted) with a carefully targeted shot, Dale said on camera that he was prepared to take the same shot at the same time.

Ah, Troy, my dollars will be going to a company that does not employ the very example of jackbooted thugs...

Much like our "friends" at HS Precision who hired Lon "Mom Holding Baby Killer" Horiuchi himself, I will not have anything to do with them.

Actions have consequences, even if the FBI thinks otherwise.

Alex

3. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hired Jody Weiss the anti gun police politician from Chicago, then promptly dropped him when their customers freaked out but they are standing by the unapologetic Ruby Ridge sniper. Unless I can come to a different understanding on this, I wont be buying from Troy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

4. rushthezeppelin

rushthezeppelin TGT Addict

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Glad I've never bought from Troy, been tempted to get battle mags but they are hard to justify when magpuls are on the shelf. Glad to know I can entirely nix that company.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

5. steve-o

steve-o Well-Known

Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Well I had my eye on a battle rail for my ar assembly, I guess I need to do some more shopping.

6. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Not looking for anything right now, but if I was, at least I'd know where not to look.

7. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    There is a very long thread on this on ar15.com in the industry section where they talk about this.

8. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What is the tone of that one??? That forum is big and does carry some weight. A boycott by them would do some financial damage to Troy.

9. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Troy Industries Statement - AR15.COM

Troy statement: fires Jody Weiss (anti-2A Chicago police commissioner), doesn't apologize for hiring and keeping on Ruby Ridge sniper, who said he'd have taken the same shot his partner did (shooting an unarmed woman holding a 10 month old baby). Makes me sick. I won't go into the whole Ruby Ridge thing so as to not sidetrack (and get my own thread locked) but read about it if you haven't. Should have been handled totally differently...like Waco.

Oh, and the responses are pretty damned good. People aren't supporting Troy and I don't see how I can either.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  10. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for that link, only made it through two pages of comments, not a single one in support, had enough!

After reading his statement, no Troy for me ever, and I will mention that to vendors at shows and stores.