Venture Surplus ad

Troy Industries company hires/drops Chicago police commish? Hires Ruby Ridge sniper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Ah, the fun of history.

Troy just hired...and is defending...Lon Horiuchi's "sniper buddy" Dale Monroe. They were partnered up for Ruby Ridge, and while Lon killed Randy Weaver's wife (while she was holding a deadly assault baby, granted) with a carefully targeted shot, Dale said on camera that he was prepared to take the same shot at the same time.

Ah, Troy, my dollars will be going to a company that does not employ the very example of jackbooted thugs...

Much like our "friends" at HS Precision who hired Lon "Mom Holding Baby Killer" Horiuchi himself, I will not have anything to do with them.

Actions have consequences, even if the FBI thinks otherwise.

Alex

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hired Jody Weiss the anti gun police politician from Chicago, then promptly dropped him when their customers freaked out but they are standing by the unapologetic Ruby Ridge sniper. Unless I can come to a different understanding on this, I wont be buying from Troy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Glad I've never bought from Troy, been tempted to get battle mags but they are hard to justify when magpuls are on the shelf. Glad to know I can entirely nix that company.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Troy Industries Statement - AR15.COM

Troy statement: fires Jody Weiss (anti-2A Chicago police commissioner), doesn't apologize for hiring and keeping on Ruby Ridge sniper, who said he'd have taken the same shot his partner did (shooting an unarmed woman holding a 10 month old baby). Makes me sick. I won't go into the whole Ruby Ridge thing so as to not sidetrack (and get my own thread locked) but read about it if you haven't. Should have been handled totally differently...like Waco.

Oh, and the responses are pretty damned good. People aren't supporting Troy and I don't see how I can either.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for that link, only made it through two pages of comments, not a single one in support, had enough!

After reading his statement, no Troy for me ever, and I will mention that to vendors at shows and stores.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Troy Industries company hires/drops Chicago police commish? Hires Ruby Ridge s

Wow. To actually go to bat for a guy that said he would take the same shot. This is disgusting.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    And here is the tricky part, if this former federal sniper quits from this pressure or even is fired...we still know what Troy believes and supports, so I can't call game on with them even then.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Recently sent a rear sight back because it hadn't been machined/milled properly. Took 6 weeks for a replacement. It didn't help that it was from one of our local LEO's patrol rifle (we included the urgent need to have it returned because of that) and after this, I will not promote/sell their products or recommend them. when someone pays over $100.00 for a rear sight, they expect a better product.

Their Customer service sucks.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Troy Industries company hires/drops Chicago police commish? Hires Ruby Ridge...

I can't think of any products Troy makes that someone else doesn't make equally as good or better. I think enough people will stayed uninformed and they will survive, especially if the Troy carbines that were supposed to go to Dick's, get on the market.
    None the less I won't be supporting them anytime soon.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Well I will not be supporting Troy. I read what "Troy Industries" posted on AR15.com He has made his decision and stands by it. Well I stand by mine as well.

I emailed a few companies like BCM, Rainier Arms etc... and have asked them what they think about this since they carry Troy products. I wonder what sort of responses I will get back?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Thank you for posting this. Although I'm the kind of guy who probably wouldn't hang out with Randy Weaver or David Koresh, both stories strike a nerve with me simply for the fact the government was not only completely out of control; but never punished for their disgusting corruption.

Troy and HS can choke on hot death for all I care.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    [......and I will mention that to vendors at shows and stores.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

I was ......this close to picking up a couple of their offerings. Gonna let everyone know why I didn't now.

Top Bottom