• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Looking to pick one up for an 06 Ram 1500 quad. Any one gave some good recommendations?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Target Sports

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have an 08 Ram 1500 and I picked up a box at tractor supply for $100 bucks last Black Friday. It's coming up soon and you maybe able to jump on a deal there.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just looking for a regular Aluminum diamond plate toolbox?

Check Craigslist. I see them all the time for cheap there under auto parts.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That too^^ Hey dawico I saw an estate sale going on in your neck of the woods that supposively has quite a few old and some new guns for sale. The ad for it is on Craigslist.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I need one soon so I can't wait until Black Friday. I've checked craigslist but don't know enough to make an informed decision as to what the difference between them is and the pricing. Was thinking about hitting up Lowes or Home Depot.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Any box that sits on the rails will work for a full sized truck. They are pretty much all the same with different brand badges on them. You can get a locksmith to cut a key for them or Tractor Supply (and others) sells new cylinders.

Most of them sell for about $200 new and I see them on CL for half that.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Well if you want one that hang out on the top of your bed rails make sure it's for a full sized truck. Other than that I think they are pretty much universal. Just depends on what you like and how the doors open on them. Some open from the sides with hinges in the middle and some open completely with hinges towards the cab. Best bet is to find one you can bolt down though so no one steals it or if your off road it won't jump around and fly out or smash your rear window.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They have them that just sit down in the bed also. They don't block any rear window view.

If you find one on CL and pick it up with your truck it is pretty easy to tell if it fits (duh).

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not sure if you want a toolbox or lockable storage so here's an option. I love having a 6.5' trunk so you may want to consider a tonneau cover. You'll save a little fuel too but that takes time.

snugtop.com is what I have.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Not sure if you want a toolbox or lockable storage so here's an option. I love having a 6.5' trunk so you may want to consider a tonneau cover. You'll save a little fuel too but that takes time.

snugtop.com is what I have.

I was looking at those, but they are pretty pricey.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If you want a toolbox that will last a lifetime and be somewhat difficult to break in to get RKI, otherwise they are all pretty much the same.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I already have my own personal Delta Jobsite box for my tools. Guy at work is gonna sand blast and do the whole electro static paint thing for me in olive drab as well.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I need one soon so I can't wait until Black Friday. I've checked craigslist but don't know enough to make an informed decision as to what the difference between them is and the pricing. Was thinking about hitting up Lowes or Home Depot.

Too bad you're so far away. I've got a like new camper cover (lights, windows, etc.) that I'm considering putting up for sale. It's on my 07 Ram. PM me if you have any interest.

Top Bottom