• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I paid $400 for a 229 yesterday, $450 for a 227 a few weeks ago, and $320 for a new P250 a couple of months back. if SIGs are so awesome, why are they so cheap, especially on the secondary market? ROFL.
    I dunno, why'd you buy 3?

Sent from my SIG Sauer

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I dunno, why'd you buy 3?

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Because they are CHEAP!

Actually, I like to let people try them out and see for themselves.. sorta like the CZ100 and Smith Sigma I have... it helps see first hand, how bad guns from respected manufactures can be. If you've never tried the trigger on a CZ100, you're missing out on real one-of-a-kind experience. LOL

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    "The Sig lacks a built in trigger safety like that used by its rival Glock..."
    REF: https://taskandpurpose.com/sigs-p320-armys-new-handgun-fire-multiple-reports-safety-defects/

Not that I care that much, I don't use my Glocks or SIGs for any purpose that requires reliability. (I'll show myself out).
    yeah, it's a non issue (now). Never had a failure of any kind with any gun other than a XD due to frog lube, 1911s due to mags, or an AR due to cheap ammo... I trust my SIGs every day.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Because they are CHEAP!

Actually, I like to let people try them out and see for themselves.. sorta like the CZ100 and Smith Sigma I have... it helps see first hand, how bad guns from respected manufactures can be. If you've never tried the trigger on a CZ100, you're missing out on real one-of-a-kind experience. LOL
    anything like a Mosin lol? One of those. "it'll break sooner or later, just keep pulling"

Sent from my SIG Sauer

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    OK, to try and get his back on topic.. there are some pretty good and reliable guns made in Turkey by Canik that are not that far outside your target range. And if you don't mind the dumpster fire of a trigger (which can be helped a little bit) of a S&W SW9VE, they are stainless/poly with decent magazine capacity and fit in all sorts of places in one's truck.

SAR B6P
    SAR_B6P_8563-1.jpg

SW9VE
    SW9VE_Sigma-1.jpg

STAR B6 (cost me $180) 8rds 9mm and it's dead on POA and a pretty good trigger. STAR_B6_01.jpg

Maybe a 12ga Shockwave shotty?

Last edited:

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    anything like a Mosin lol? One of those. "it'll break sooner or later, just keep pulling"
    Yeah, basically!! Although the Mosin probably has a shorter pull! Please excuse the pawn shop trigger lock. I'm still trying to understand the "middle sight" on this thing.

CZ100-1.jpg

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    awesome idea. Is that 14" mossberg legal in TX? I remember a year or so ago PSA wouldn't ship them here

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I see them all over the place, so I'm guessing it's not an issue. The pawn shop that I can't seem to leave without at least 2 guns per visit, has a few of them. Also saw a bunch for sale at WAY OVER Interwebs prices at the SA gun show a week or so back.

I'll admit that I'm tempted, but I picked up a Remington 870 Tactical for $225 about a month ago, and it's working out OK. When I was in there yesterday, I left with that SIG 229 and a Turkish made over/under because I'm thinking about getting back into skeet.

In Full Disclosure:
    And I'll admit, I like the P229; it's dead-on, and if I can adjust my grip to stop defeating the slide lock/release, it might become my summer carry instead of the Shield. I'm just old school and paranoid about a striker fired gun with one in the pipe, pointing at my wedding tackle.
    SIG_229_1.jpg

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I see them all over the place, so I'm guessing it's not an issue. The pawn shop that I can't seem to leave without at least 2 guns per visit, has a few of them. Also saw a bunch for sale at WAY OVER Interwebs prices at the SA gun show a week or so back.

I'll admit that I'm tempted, but I picked up a Remington 870 Tactical for $225 about a month ago, and it's working out OK. When I was in there yesterday, I left with that SIG 229 and a Turkish made over/under because I'm thinking about getting back into skeet.

In Full Disclosure:
    And I'll admit, I like the P229; it's dead-on, and if I can adjust my grip to stop defeating the slide lock/release, it might become my summer carry instead of the Shield. I'm just old school and paranoid about a striker fired gun with one in the pipe, pointing at my wedding tackle.
    View attachment 151075

Never heard "wedding tackle" before, lol....

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    would love to add a P239 in 357sig to the collection.

REALLY want an original P228. My dad picked one up without case. They aren't terribly rare.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    The 227 I picked up a while back was not very pricy, and came with 3 mags but not the original box, which, come to think of it, has been the case with every used SIG I've purchased. Do SIG buyers hate the original boxes? I didn't think they were too bad.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The 227 I picked up a while back was not very pricy, and came with 3 mags but not the original box, which, come to think of it, has been the case with every used SIG I've purchased. Do SIG buyers hate the original boxes? I didn't think they were too bad.
    just like any other box. I think i have all of mine.

I've bought 2 P227s new and they were both quite pricey. Worth it to me though. First was an Equinox which I sold before I left CA, 2nd was a TacOps which I still have

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom