• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I cannot imagine what a gunfight inside a car/truck would be like. It would have to be like a knife fight in a phone booth!

What the husband did takes testicular fortitude of legendary stature.

The suspect who is still hospitalized is in serious condition last I heard.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I cannot imagine what a gunfight inside a car/truck would be like. It would have to be like a knife fight in a phone booth!

That is a very good point. It strikes me that the majority of civilian defensive encounters are at bad-breath distance. As much as we try to maintain situational awareness and avoid a criminal ambush, we are not perfect and can't expect to stay in condition Yellow 100 percent of the time. This is precisely why I'm taking classes for integrating pistol-craft with H2H and knife work. Thankfully, the dirt-bags didn't appear to have that much training.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That is a very good point. It strikes me that the majority of civilian defensive encounters are at bad-breath distance. As much as we try to maintain situational awareness and avoid a criminal ambush, we are not perfect and can't expect to stay in condition Yellow 100 percent of the time. This is precisely why I'm taking classes for integrating pistol-craft with H2H and knife work. Thankfully, the dirt-bags didn't appear to have that much training.

Yep. And criminals use tricks and distractions to get inside your comfort zone. I've lost count of the people I've met who were mugged starting with some version of the line "hey, can I get a smoke from you"? There are other tricks to get people to lower their guards and get within striking distance. IMO the biggest mistake people make is underestimating the cleverness of criminals.

... of course, if you think about it, we can use similar tactics to turn things around and take initiative. Something like looking past the bad guy's shoulder and saying, "Officer! Over here!" Where is his attention going to be focused? On the knife or bullet that he's about to get in the guts, or on the cop who isn't actually there? :p

Top Bottom