• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If there’s a need for a long gun to be used in my truck, it’s accessible and ready to go after I charge a round.

I generally don’t leave firearms in an unattended vehicle; when I do, there’s a console vault for handguns and long guns are in their cases, locked. If need be, I can run a steel cable through the locks and secure it to a seat frame.

My thought is if someone wants to break in, they will. In Texas, they’re looking for a gun in the glove compartment, under the seats, or in the center console. A lock won’t stop them, with a hammer and screwdriver, punch, or cold chisel they can defeat most cylinder locks in seconds.

I really hate leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle, no matter how secure I think it is.

My AR is always ready and accessible. Again, I stated it's a rare thing to possibly having to leave it in the vehicles for a long time. I almost never do. I also almost never break the AR down. I've only had to do it twice since I've had it, and one of those times was to see if it fit in the box.

I'm simply sharing an idea to deal with something that almost never happens, should it be necessary.

And no, you're not going to punch this lock through the top of the box. Go buy one and try it.

Last, I'm a little confused with all of the inventive ways you're seemingly saying this box idea is pointless, but then you talk about running a cable...

I mean running a cable is also better than nothing, but when you think about a steel box locked in position under a seat, and compare that to a cable, well, I just don't get where you're coming from man hahaha. But hey, everyone has their own perspective and opinions so...
    Texas SOT

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Good job! I like it. Oh, and by the way, you know how the forum works .......... present a good idea and many folks will work very hard to find fault. :green:

Haha thanks. I'm all up for people poking holes in my theories so that way they can spot em if I fail to. I just don't understand the ones that are brought up after they've already been addressed. But hell, I'm lacking sleep due to an exposed root in my tooth so I'm probably just missing something.

Also, I'm not the most eloquent son of biotch around. So I probably just confuse the hell out of folks anyway. I can build some impressive shit, but if you try to build it under my verbal instruction, it wouldn't be recognizable. I guess I suck at clearly explaining things.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Really appreciate the help, but they won't fit.

We have an 04 Denali XL and 5 kids. Trust me I wanted to do something like that so bad, but a crackhead was running from the cops and totaled my expedition. Just not enough room in the Denali. Thanks!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    @ZX9RCAM

Hahahaha! Damn you're a brutal mother... I wish you told me that in person just to see the look on your face when I say "she just died man", and then you look at the pain in my wife's eyes. Ohhh that'd be so funny. I have a morbid sense of humor, if you can't tell. But yea she passed, but it's cool. I just joked about it last night.

For some reason, a lot of shit has been going my way lately. Damn near everything. So I was telling my wife, "I think I'm gonna die soon babe cause I've been getting everything I've been wanting for a long time, lately". I start listing things off and then I take a pause... And say... "My mother in law died".

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I've got to ask, what did you mean to say?

I was just being a smart ass cause I said the box would be under the seat like 20 times, when my box idea was challenged. So I figured it was the appropriate response, regardless the size of the SUV.

Watch: Ask me where we buried my mother in law...

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I use a GunVault brand lockbox mounted under my back seat. I can reach it and open it while driving down the road, and I can secure a full size 1911 and my Ruger Security 9 truck gun in it at the same time. They have a slightly larger verision which gives you more interior clearance, you may want to check out.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    We are currently having an intense pandemic caused by a coronavirus called Covid-19. This has caused the government to lock down the entire population. It requires that people stay in their homes and maintain a social distance from one another.

It appears that this has created an intense amount of mental pressure on people. Hopefully they will accept the Presidents advice and try the Hydroxychloroquine/zinc daily prophylaxis treatment so we can get over this as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom