Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The picture to judge is horrible.
    I do have to disagree with the square toe comments. I wore round toe boots for years until I got a square toe version for work. I find them very comfortable. I got a fancy pair and every day pair of boots with square toe.
    Do t knock it till you try it.

I’ve tried it, and it’s not for me. I have a $250 pair of Justin square toed work boots that have been worn 3 times.

I didn’t say just square toed alone made him a visitor, it was the whole combination.

Square toed alone just makes you weird.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Is it just me or do they look like womens boots with that heel height?

Photo shows modern "riding" boot heels, as opposed to calf roping/dogging heels.
    But not with that shine, and no BS stains ...

Square toed boots, like that shown, are popular with cutting horse folks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have square toe with a roper heel. Smooth quill ostrich. High tops. Leather sole. Justin's

Black boots like that are approved wear for prison and security guards. The requirement is that they're black. Rubber soles help grip concrete better. DPS tend to wear plain black ropers. Rubber sole.

When you go to the boot store. Most of the black boots are uniform stuff. Professional jobs.

The square toe is a very very old design. Today it's the modern style for boots. Best thing in the world if you have wide feet. More room for your toes.

His pants are gay.

Last edited:

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Looks like Redwing has brought back the Pecos model.
    Mine had an oil resistant sole. I got mine in about 1980 at the Redwing store on San Pedro from a friend of my father. I'm sure they were sold nationwide.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It’s not a riding heel either though, they taper to the front.

Yep.
    The traditional riding heels, with that front taper, being difficult to walk in, and with the advent of the pickup over the horse, the modern "walking" heels are not nearly as tapered, but still tall enough to not go through the stirrups as easily.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If I'm stuck someplace waiting, I'm looking @ the ladies not peeps boots!
    At the time there was only one old wrinkled up Aisian couple and him
    By the time the smoking hot blonde got there I was headed out, didn't want to linger just to take pics of her and help you with your fetish problem and maybe get detained
    Haha

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    At the time there was only one old wrinkled up Aisian couple and him
    By the time the smoking hot blonde got there I was headed out, didn't want to linger just to take pics of her and help you with your fetish problem and maybe get detained
    Haha
    Says the foot fetish guy!
    If a man checking out the ladies is now considered a fetish, America has some serious problems.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Yall completely missed the spur ledge. Boots like these are really pretty normal for the 1890 to about 1925 or so, when california and hollywood got into showing American what cowboys wore. Boots of the day were normally square toed or round, it was not till late 1940's or early 1950s that tiny pointed boots appeared.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yall completely missed the spur ledge. Boots like these are really pretty normal for the 1890 to about 1925 or so, when california and hollywood got into showing American what cowboys wore. Boots of the day were normally square toed or round, it was not till late 1940's or early 1950s that tiny pointed boots appeared.
    Funny, he didn't look THAT old.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yall completely missed the spur ledge. Boots like these are really pretty normal for the 1890 to about 1925 or so, when california and hollywood got into showing American what cowboys wore. Boots of the day were normally square toed or round, it was not till late 1940's or early 1950s the Roach Killer boots appeared.

Fixed it for you.

Top Bottom