• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How so Renegade? Please elaborate.

The white outline on the front sight takes up space so the fiber is a little smaller and harder to pickup

Probably would not have mattered if I had not used the prior version but having used it I like the bigger front sight and see little value of the whit outline. As you do not see it at night and during the day the fiber is bright

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The white outline on the front sight takes up space so the fiber is a little smaller and harder to pickup

Probably would not have mattered if I had not used the prior version but having used it I like the bigger front sight and see little value of the whit outline. As you do not see it at night and during the day the fiber is bright
    This is my opinion also. I like the regular TFOs and see no need for the extra clutter on the front sight.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Don't mean to "side track" the main thrust of this thread but can someone 'splain black rear sights to me on a CARRY gun? I've seen a couple of different threads and/or published gun articles were some folks appear to be advocates for 'blacked out' rear sights on a carry pistol.
    Now perhaps it's my age and corresponding fading/poor eyesight AND considering a self-defense carry piece is as equally to be used at night as daytime (if not more so), I just don't understand the advocacy for blacked out rear sights. Unless you're shooting competition during bright sunshine, it seems logical you'd want some kind of visible sights on the rear of a self-defense pistol. One author even wrote he blacks out the rear white three dot sights on a carry gun! I'm just not understanding that.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    The way I understand it is that anything that helps you focus on the front sight is helpful. Having that be the only dot would serve that purpose.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    They got ordered and come in the mail already. 2 sets for $160. For Glock 26 and 27.

will be installed soon.
    http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/truglo-brite-site-tritium-pistol-night-sights#repChildCatid=3145302
    55B1E612-DA17-4A5C-8AB7-FA09970BD3FA_zps3s2uir5q.jpg

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I got a set of TFX Pro for Christmas. I might be able to try them out tomorrow.

^^^ That ^^^
    Exactly what I put on my G19... I like 'em. Don't know how they'll hold up but so far, so good (about six months down the road).

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    There seems to be a few different versions of these, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the varieties. Even the package they sent me seems different from the Academy listing. Anyway, we paid $80ish each set for our Glock 26 and 27. Same guy (he's a firearms trainer and Glock armorer) as did our triggers did our sights on for us, and installed a trigger kit too on each one. We paid him $60 for about an hour and a half labor for all these things together (triggers and sights, he shot them too to test). Hope we didn't underpay him, he didn't give us any suggestion as to the price.

so far, I like the sights ok. There is a little more space than the stock sights between the place where the front and rear sights marry when you align, if that makes sense. More space on each side of the front sight.

Also the dots do not seem very bright so far.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    TruGlo sights in low light in my privvy. My medicine cabinet was threatening me.

I'm not unimpressed.

521BCB2E-C057-4C06-B9E6-FBF20B80E5C2_zpsinndnuxa.jpg

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Well. My front sight is defunct.

Had to have a chat on Academy.com and get my receipt. Downloaded it to phone.

Called Lake Jackson Academy store just for kicks to see what they would say. They said come on in.

I had ordered it online from Academy. Com.

LJ Academy manager knows we come in all the time. They refunded the sights and will reorder. They will wait until I see my Glock Armorer and get the sights changed out and bring the old ones back to them on honor system.

That's pretty damn good customer service on Academy's part. Not sure I'm quite as happy with Tru-Glo, but for now it's whatever.

Top Bottom