Venture Surplus ad

Trump blasts Democrats, points to border wall construction elsewhere in the world

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Trump blasts Democrats, points to border wall construction elsewhere in the world
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b9dec761e73_story.html?utm_term=.4d91e5e34b0e

“There are now 77 major or significant Walls built around the world, with 45 countries planning or building Walls,” the president wrote in another tweet. “Over 800 miles of Walls have been built in Europe since only 2015. They have all been recognized as close to 100% successful. Stop the crime at our Southern Border!”
    Capitol Armory ad

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The left knows that and doesn't care. My leftist friends are silent on this other than the hand wringing of furloughed workers. The extreme leftists just continue to lie and name call
    It didn't end with the election, it has just continued. Nothing will change until the left is decimated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The left knows that and doesn't care.

I'm on the right and do not care.

The wall is a much needed component of a far more complex problem.

The 5.7 billion number Trump is obsessed with was pulled out of his sigmoid and is a nonsensical number.
    Why does that not bother the right?

When is he going to man-up and negotiate???
    3 billion for the wall
    3 billion for high tech
    2 billion for additional personnel
    1 billion discretionary for border states

If he proposed that he's look like a statesman leader rather than the dictator demanding a confabulated 5.7 number.
    And he'd then get far more than he is asking.

Ya, ya, ya . I've said that before with scant response because most agree.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    HKShooter,

How do you KNOW that the 5.7 billion dollar figure is PHONY & WHERE did you get your data?
    (Did you perchance get your "facts" from the LEFTIST DIMocRAT-controlled "mainstream media"??)

ImVho. the DIMocRATS are SOLELY at fault for NOT building a barrier to help our BP/ICE to shut down the smugglers of people/firearms/drugs/stolen property & cut-off the flood of illegal aliens that are violating our immigration laws.

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What Trump needs to stop doing is, trying to sell the Left on the wall. People on the right already know the wall is needed (that’s the main reason he got elected to begin with... that, and the ‘drain the swamp’ thing). So who exactly is he aiming his “wall selling” comments to? If he doesn’t understand by now that he’s going to get NO support from Democrats on ANYthing, then he’s in for a *very* looong two years. They will block any and everything that has his name attached to it. He had better concentrate on figuring out how to go around them or he’s going to get absolutely nothing accomplished during the next couple of years.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

PERHAPS (You'll note that I said, "perhaps".) there are at least a FEW DIMocRATS (from districts/states that the POTUS won in 2016) who are willing to "break ranks" with the NUT-JOB LEFT, vote with the GOP on at least some bills & thus keep their jobs at the next elections.

I think that it's "at least worth trying" in a few congress-critters cases.

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Satx,
    Maybe; but I doubt there’s enough in the House that are willing to go against Pelosi. What would it take(?).... seems like I read it would take something like 20(+) Democratic votes to change the outcome and I rather doubt there are that many willing to run afoul of the Democrat Party machine. I had hoped at one point, there’d be enough Democrats to oust her as Speaker but her Party backers are just too strong. By all rights, she ought to go - I believe she’s got Parkinson’ dementia or early onset Alzheimer’s or *something* seriously wrong.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    busyknget,

ImVho, Pelosi's problem is that the REAL SOURCE of her POWER are the HUGE DONATIONS to the DIMocRATS Party out of the RICHEST of the LEFTIST elites, the "Holly-WEIRD" kooks & the far LEFT WING empty-heads of her party. = Strip away all those many millions of $$$$$$ & she's a "nothing" but a "rather ordinary woman with a BIG mouth".
    (Giving the devil her due, she IS very talented at "riling up" the LEFTISTS & getting their $$$$$$$$$$ by the truck-load.)

yours, satx

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Landmines are cheaper than a wall

Ive always said solar powered computurized .50's on tripods a mile from the border & a mile apart. Use the ground sensors like area 51 has... you get 1/2 mile into our border & trip a sensor. The 50 cal's on your left & right now have cross fire on you & give a 2 second string of warning shots in front of you. If you continue farther into USA territory another 100 yards ... they fire again until the threat is nutralized. That would be chaper than a border wall. I bet for the .50, CPU, sensors & tripod would be under $15,000 per mile of border x 800 miles = $12,000,000. I'm sure we have a butt load of Ma Dueces sitting around in a warehouse on furlough.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    EZ-E; ZX9RCAM,

ALLIGATORS would be EVEN CHEAPER (Texas has NO shortage of gators.) & they would FEED & care for themselves.

CHUCKLE, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If he doesn’t understand by now that he’s going to get NO support from Democrats on ANYthing, ......

That really is just not correct.

I spend a good part of my job in a very liberal (higher education) setting.
    The liberals I discuss this with just want him to stop acting like a kid holding his breath till he gets his way.

He, so easily, could come out of this looking like an inspirational leader were he to quit obsessing over the "5.7 billion" number, a figure he dreamt up because it sounds knowledgable and big-ish-enough and now his "base" has accepted that 5.7B as a real number based on engineering and architectural plans. It is no such thing.

For those of us that fact check him he considers to looks to be a fool.
    Want an example? Two days after he was in Texas he stated quite certainly "Well, I haven't actually left the White House in months." during Fox's Pirro interview.
    https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-interview-jeanine-pirro-fox-news-january-12-2019.

Fact check me please. He appears do disingenuous when he says nonsensical things.

He's our president.
    I want him to succeed rather than look the fool spewing misinformation.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'm on the right and do not care.

The wall is a much needed component of a far more complex problem.

The 5.7 billion number Trump is obsessed with was pulled out of his sigmoid and is a nonsensical number.
    Why does that not bother the right?

When is he going to man-up and negotiate???
    3 billion for the wall
    3 billion for high tech
    2 billion for additional personnel
    1 billion discretionary for border states

If he proposed that he's look like a statesman leader rather than the dictator demanding a confabulated 5.7 number.
    And he'd then get far more than he is asking.

Ya, ya, ya . I've said that before with scant response because most agree.
    You are on the right? Surprised me. You say DT doesn't compromise and that is a blatant lie. DT offered the democrats everything they wanted If they would just approve the wall. Also you say the 5b was pulled out of his ass yet you say 3B. Now a 2B difference is a lot to the average taxpayer but it is a miniscule % of the overall budget.
    Again BP has a lot of technological advances already and DT would approve more of the bill came across his desk. You are a leftist of you think Democrats only care about HOW that money is spent. They give not 1 chit about border security of ANY kind.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    That really is just not correct.

I spend a good part of my job in a very liberal (higher education) setting.
    The liberals I discuss this with just want him to stop acting like a kid holding his breath till he gets his way.

He, so easily, could come out of this looking like an inspirational leader were he to quit obsessing over the "5.7 billion" number, a figure he dreamt up because it sounds knowledgable and big-ish-enough and now his "base" has accepted that 5.7B as a real number based on engineering and architectural plans. It is no such thing.

For those of us that fact check him he considers to looks to be a fool.
    Want an example? Two days after he was in Texas he stated quite certainly "Well, I haven't actually left the White House in months." during Fox's Pirro interview.
    https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-interview-jeanine-pirro-fox-news-january-12-2019.

Fact check me please. He appears do disingenuous when he says nonsensical things.

He's our president.
    I want him to succeed rather than look the fool spewing misinformation.
    Breathe, son--breathe. I'm pretty sure that when Trump made that comment he was referring to not having spent the night away from the White House. In his view, if he zips down to Texas during the day, flies right back, he's been on the job and not on break. He's comparing that to some having gone to Puerto Rico or other such overnight forays away from Washington, DC. Just saying.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You are on the right? Surprised me. You say DT doesn't compromise and that is a blatant lie....

Re-read my post #5 of this thread..
    My point is that if Trump were a deal-maker diplomat he's have long ago brokered a resolution and gotten more than he originally asked for.

The author of "The Art of the Deal" if proving himself an abyssmally poor negotiator.
    That, so badly, disappoints me, as I voted for him.

His fixation on the 5.7 billion number appeals to his constituents who probably can't say what exponential power of 10 a billion even is. It's a number borne of sound bite marketing.

Trivia extra point question:
    An American billion is most definitely NOT the same as a billion in Europe.
    Which is bigger? Answer before you Google it.
    https://www.smartickmethod.com/blog/math/mathematical-curiosities/european-billion-american-billion/
    NO PEEKING till you give it some consideration.
    The European numerical nomenclature is far more logical BTW.
    Scientific notation is best of all.

5.7 x 10^9.
    To Europeans Trump is asking for 0.0057 billion. Right?

A great book:
    6658687-M.jpg

Attachments

• 6658687-M.jpg
      6658687-M.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom