• Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    And where is the NRA in all this?!?

Nevermind... :banghead:

I got a crappy letter from them when I asked them why they NEVER PUSH BACK after all these false flags are played out.
    Never challenge the narratives.
    I'm so disgusted that I will not renew my membership they can pound sand.
    Until they start making a stand all I see is another group of GOP style hand wringing trying to look concerned and then incrementally give in to appease the NWO cabal and media.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ATF issued an RFC in the Federal Register last month to ban bump stocks.
    I'd love to see a link to that.

The only thing I've seen from ATF was this request for information. The comment request asked specific groups of interested parties to answer specific questions in an attempt to gather information. It was not a request for pro and con arguments on a ban; it was a request for information of the sort that will help the rulemakers understand bump stocks. It's literally the ATF calling on the public to act as subject matter experts on background.

Yes, it was "in anticipation of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking" but the content of the proposal is supposed to be guided by the information sought in the initial request for comments. After considering the expertise received under those comments, the proposed rulemaking might never materialize, depending on the position the ATF decides to adopt on any number of aspects of the situation.

So I'm trying to figure out what you're referencing.

Just for completeness, my response to the ATF request is here. I hope everybody wrote in.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Soros is pulling all the stops.
    Crisis actors galor.
    https://d.tube/#!/v/antischool/si9hu31v
    this guy get banned for pulling back the curtain.
    This is how the bolshevik revolution begins.
    Cultural Marxism in full ops with young dumb kids.
    Looks like the deep state is in panic mode if anyone has been following Qanon, lots of action behind the scenes.
    This is an excellent source of analysis:
    http://stateofthenation2012.com/

How man know the us approved the use of propaganda and false flags as a tool to shape policy?
    Operation Gladio.
    We are all under assault folks.
    I know I'm not a frequent participant here. It has been my oberservation that few seem interested in teh deeper machinations of what our overlords are planning for us.

I hope the enclosed links help create more interest into the hidden plays that are about 'fundamentally transforming' our country.
    There is a screen shot of a craigslist ad on now that is asking for several crisis actors for Houston for an event in early March
    Lone Star Gun Rights posted it last night on their FB page
    Thats some crazy crap

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    There is a screen shot of a craigslist ad on now that is asking for several crisis actors for Houston for an event in early March
    Lone Star Gun Rights posted it last night on their FB page
    Thats some crazy crap
    For the uninitiated:
    crisisevent.PNG

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Ok, I am not a lawyer so somebody explain how when it says to "ban all devices that turn regular firearms into machineguns" actually means anything.

We already have laws that do that.

Bumpfire stocks and binary triggers don't turn regular firearms into machineguns so any new rules wouldn't affect them anyways.

I didn't see any recommendation to redefine "machinegun" to include such devices.

What am I missing here that is causing everybody's panties to get all bunched up?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    That is the point Trumps letter did not mean anything other than an inside joke on the libs.

Ok, I am not a lawyer so somebody explain how when it says to "ban all devices that turn regular firearms into machineguns" actually means anything.

We already have laws that do that.

Bumpfire stocks and binary triggers don't turn regular firearms into machineguns so any new rules wouldn't affect them anyways.

I didn't see any recommendation to redefine "machinegun" to include such devices.

What am I missing here that is causing everybody's panties to get all bunched up?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That is the point Trumps letter did not mean anything other than an inside joke on the libs.
    I see that YOU GET IT! It is a feel good and appeasement for the Left, no more, no left. All the bump stock junk came up after LV and Paddock and all the thoughts on banning it then. Its still not banned, maybe it will be and the loss is??????????

Saw one of the Parking kids on TV saying he was old enough to go a gun only used in war and how wrong that was. AR's are Assault Rifles used in war...sorry folks that that is not factually true and AR stands for Armalite Rifle.

The left spews more crap that a Christmas goose about to get his head cut off and if you have never that, trust me it's a LOT of crap...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The NRA ... Their making a suggestion ... nothing more than mental masturbation. ... it made them look good to the idiots on the left.
    It is a feel good and appeasement for the Left, no more, no left.
    I get it, but that stuff doesn't work. There's nothing that Trump or the NRA could do that will make the useful idiots on the left think highly of them. It's just more "evidence" that they will use to show that guns require more regulation. It's more fodder for the useful idiots to get Congress to "just do something", and Congress will happily screw it all up.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'd love to see a link to that.

The only thing I've seen from ATF was this request for information.

That is the link.

RFC = Request For Comment

AGENCY:
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).
    ACTION:
    Advance notice of proposed rulemaking; request for comments.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You are missing the huge push for gun control going on right now:

Bump stocks are going to be banned, now it looks like they want to raise the age to buy/possess to 21, Rubio is pushing for a mag ban, nobody knows when it ends.

Last edited:

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I'm afraid bump stocks are just the tip of the iceberg, we all know that the gun grabbers are never satisfied.

That was very evident at last nights townhall. That one guy in the audience wanted the assault weapon ban back and Rubio mentioned it was ineffective and to do what he wanted they’d have to ban all semi autos. The crowd cheered at this and the audience guy said the Aw ban would be a start and to do it then work on the rest.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That is the link.
    I'm confused. That link is not what you described back in post #42, where you called it...
    ...an RFC in the Federal Register last month to ban bump stocks.
    That link is just an information-gathering exercise and cannot lead directly to a bump stock ban. It can only lead to another request for comments on a new rule BUT whether or not new rule-making will be proposed is not yet a settled question.

The ATF could easily take the results of the current RFC and determine that bump stocks are not machineguns under current federal definitions. ATF has the option of going on record with a determination that if bump stocks are to be banned as machine guns then Congress will have to change the definition of "machine gun" (although they won't phrase it like that so that it doesn't appear they are trying to direct Congressional action.)

If that happens, I can see all sorts of incredibly bad possibilities. But we're not there yet.

OTOH, the ATF could simply ignore the definitions in law and rule (after many more months and more bureaucratic procedures) that bump stocks are machineguns. If they do that, the SAF (or somebody) will file suit and the entire question will be put on hold, tied up in the courts for years.

What we truly know is simply that we are in the middle of a strong push for more gun control with an NRA that's full of fail and a rule-making mechanism that's getting started without any idea where it will end up. These are uncertain times and I don't like it but I'm not yet ready to declare that the sky is falling.

We already have trouble. There's no need to jump the gun and borrow more.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I got a crappy letter from them when I asked them why they NEVER PUSH BACK after all these false flags are played out.
    Never challenge the narratives.
    I'm so disgusted that I will not renew my membership they can pound sand.
    Until they start making a stand all I see is another group of GOP style hand wringing trying to look concerned and then incrementally give in to appease the NWO cabal and media.

I think the NRA stepped on their dicks pretty hard today and the antis are having a field day with it. Lapierre has lost control of the narrative already, Dana Loesch said a bunch of really tone deaf things, and even a few weeks ago they were recommending a ban on bump stocks. Call it throwing them a bone, but it smells an awful lot like going back on that "no compromise" stance they keep trying to sell. The NRA are getting beat up by kids because of the bad optics and the worse soundbites. The typical tactic of "make sounds until everyone gets distracted by something else" might not work in this case, people are really spun up this time.

The NRA has been rotting from within for a while, but it's not difficult to foresee maybe 20-30 years from now the NRA not existing. They've created an opportunity for it to happen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    lubbock texas
    I think the NRA stepped on their dicks pretty hard today and the antis are having a field day with it. Lapierre has lost control of the narrative already, Dana Loesch said a bunch of really tone deaf things, and even a few weeks ago they were recommending a ban on bump stocks. Call it throwing them a bone, but it smells an awful lot like going back on that "no compromise" stance they keep trying to sell. The NRA are getting beat up by kids because of the bad optics and the worse soundbites. The typical tactic of "make sounds until everyone gets distracted by something else" might not work in this case, people are really spun up this time.

The NRA has been rotting from within for a while, but it's not difficult to foresee maybe 20-30 years from now the NRA not existing. They've created an opportunity for it to happen.
    Thats why my money will no longer go to the NRA. Yes they are supposed to be our 2nd amendments activist but not as of late they have not been.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mgchrono

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2018
    FloMo
    The NRA whom I believed was our forefront in the battle to save the 2nd amendment is in effect slowly helping to chip away at the 2nd amendment, and for that reason I can't support that.
    Agreed. Would like to at least see the HPA and/or reciprocal carry get passed in exchange.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm confused. That link is not what you described back in post #42, where you called it...
    That link is just an information-gathering exercise and cannot lead directly to a bump stock ban. It can only lead to another request for comments on a new rule BUT whether or not new rule-making will be proposed is not yet a settled question

The link is paragraph 3 in the memo. We are now onto paragraph 4, "propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legals weapons into machine guns." That of course, if Congress does not beat them to it.

NnGfVql.png

Top Bottom